Day Trip to Brookville

As the title states, I am taking my Pop to Brookville Lake tomorrow early AM. I planned to stay on the southside of the lake launching from Templeton Creek. In my research, I have found the water will be more clear on the southside due to all the rain we have been receiving. My Pop really enjoys small mouth fishing and seems they are again more concentrated on the southside.

Any tips or directions on navigating or the current stage of the fish on this lake?

thanks
    P.U.S.H- Pray Until Something Happens

2. Member
    drag a tube real real slow

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    The south end of the lake is the best for smallies, but you can catch them in the north half too. The water should be in better shape as well. The lake is 2.8' above summer pool according to the Corps of Engineers today. So there may be some debris floating around the lake, so just keep an eye out for that. I've been there twice in the last two weeks, caught smallies on jigs and Texas rigged lizards, mostly in shallow water. A tube will work too. I really don't know what the fish are doing, the lake was about 5' high 3 weeks ago, came back to summer pool, now back up again. I'd guess there will be a lot of boat traffic, holiday weekend and all. Not to mention the walleye fisherman have been everywhere the last couple of weeks. I have no plans to go down there until the middle of next week.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    It was a nice morning there today. The lake looks like Yoo-hoo up North. I put in by the dam and the water clarity was good down there. Boated 8 and 6 came from the creek next to the ramp. Had a cople nice smallies. One of the smaller smallies was full of eggs still. They have no interest in chasing their meals for sure. Fish them slow. I'm not very familiar with the lake but getting there. Can anybody tell me if there is a good summer bite on the ledges in the main lake?

5. Member
    Wife and I spent the day there today as well......boated 13 with 5 being keepers. Only 2 of the fish were largemouth. All of our fish were caught on the south end.
    2002 518 DVX

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpanther View Post
    Wife and I spent the day there today as well......boated 13 with 5 being keepers. Only 2 of the fish were largemouth. All of our fish were caught on the south end.
    What's your guess on the spawn? One of my smallies yesterday was still packing eggs. It seems like the water tem here is a little cooler than other places.