Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    I am going to get flamed, but i get tired of this same old cop-out phrase. While I don't believe the next generation is the "end of the world" it has gotten worse. It might not be because, as a whole the next generation is bad, but more of there is more people to be bad.

There will always be a percentage of bad people. The percentage may not be getting bigger, but the number of bad people are. I have always been a bottle is half full kind of person and see more good out of people then bad every day.

The writing is on the wall though, if we fail to read and make some changes, the human race will go the way of the dinosaur and the bugs will have their chance maybe.
    "worse" is a subjective term . Just because it's different doesn't mean its worse.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar

This generation has social media. So they are constantly searching for some form of instant gratification. They want a Like for everything they say or post. It's like the participation trophy that was mentioned earlier. They want to hear praise for everything they do good. But they can't accept any form of negative criticism or correcting them if they are wrong. Correct one nowadays and they scream some type of abuse or think you're singling them out. Well they need to be singled out by their peers in order for their mistakes to be corrected. Then they get online on a forum and bash everyone that was involved, not knowing or realizing that they were trying to help. Instead of being thankful or grateful for someone's help, they resent them for pointing out a flaw or embarrassing them in front of friends.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    "worse" is a subjective term . Just because it's different doesn't mean its worse.
    It is a relatively generalized word and there are things that have gotten very much better. Even "different" though means more then one thing to many people.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Is it worser?

6. Member
    I have watched the changes in attitudes and opinions by reading the responses to posts made here and other sites i frequent. It seems that our society fractured than i can remember !

7. Banned
    It just seems to me that something is missing now days. Like words from sentences.

8. Member
    It all started rolling down hill when it stopped being acceptable to kick the chit out of an azzhat.

Didn't take time to read all the responses but I've got an opinion to add to the original post so forgive me if this has already been said. Put the Bible back as the foundation in more marriages and families and these brats turn into better kids. When did divorce become no big deal? Divorce creates the environment from which it becomes easy to raise kids to turn into entitled whack jobs. Divorce creates an environment where parents one up each other until the kids are so spoiled they become entitled. Divorce creates an environment where mom disrespects dad and dad disrespects mom and the kid sees and respects no one. Divorce sometimes creates an environment where a child sees some crazy and traumatic behavior from parents making them more prone to crazy themselves. Now some stay married and still display these behaviors to their children. But those who base their marriage on the Bible which really boils down to this, love god, love others, serve god, serve others, in that order. Nowhere did you here love yourself, serve yourself in that statement. What marriage has ever failed when both spouses strive each day to love and serve one another only second to god. Wether you believe or not you can not deny the truth in this. Base your marriage and parenting on the Bible and divorce rates go down and productive, driven young people in the world go up! Not judging any here as I'm well aware that plenty of church goers need to hear this more than anybody!

10. Banned
    A lot of folks need to pull the stick out of their ass and lighten up. If you only see negative, maybe it's because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    A lot of folks need to pull the stick out of their ass and lighten up. If you only see negative, maybe it's because of you.

Yep

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDD22 View Post
    This, and it's a LOT more complicated than just laziness.
    How's that weedeater running itself?

13. Member
    Be positive, it's what u make of it. A few of the old generation suffer from varying degrees of dementia. In the 1960.s, there was only 1 hour of "news" available every day. 30 minutes of world news, 30 of local, including weather and sports. There was only so much bad news they could fit into 10 minutes. For every 100 people alive in the USA in 60's, there is 170 alive today. More people = more negative news. Thats my .02 worth

I'll just leave this here.

Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

15. Banned
    There you go. Kid just gets everything handed to him.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobMVA View Post
    Some people believe it is better to give than to receive and they were just exercising that right. Kid seems okay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Well said Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMVA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    See post # 57

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    I'll just leave this here.

Nice post.....great kid!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast