SI Transducer on 10 Mega G2N

Can the transducer that comes with the 10 Mega SI unit be used on the trolling motor for DI and sonar?

Of course, the MEGA SI transducer has a 2D sonar and a Down Imaging crystal in it as well as two SI crystals. Has a temp sensor too.

It has it all, just choose which to view on the display.

The Humminbird mount for it is the MS MTM
    The Transducer Shield and Saver mount for it is the TM-HX-1
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you!

4. Member
    What mount would you use when mounting it to the hole shot plate , I think you need wedge as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 200merc View Post
    What mount would you use when mounting it to the hole shot plate , I think you need wedge as well?
    The best is the TM-HX-1 with wedge.

The wedge fixes the angle of the plate to give the transducer the correct orientation to the water's surface/bottom.

You could just attach the included mount to the plate with a spacer you create.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I have the Helix 10 chirp mega g2n and mounted the transducer that came with the unit on my ultrex using the transducer shield saver and have no problems at all!

7. Member
    somebody recently on a post here at bbc, said that it was best to use the one from humminbird special designed for a trolling motor because it has "better shielding." That is not correct, right?

Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    somebody recently on a post here at bbc, said that it was best to use the one from humminbird special designed for a trolling motor because it has "better shielding." That is not correct, right?
    '

Those posts have zero to do with any mount.

That's a discussion about using a trolling motor PUCK instead of a transom DI transducer or Compact SI transom transducer on a trolling motor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    '

Those posts have zero to do with any mount.

That's a discussion about using a trolling motor PUCK instead of a transom DI transducer or Compact SI transom transducer on a trolling motor.
    Great!. So, is using the included in the box xducer that came with my 10si,mega,g2n and a transducer shield and saver the right choice? In other words, there isn't a better si xducer i should swap for, right?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    Great!. So, is using the included in the box xducer that came with my 10si,mega,g2n and a transducer shield and saver the right choice? In other words, there isn't a better si xducer i should swap for, right?
    Correct, yes to both of the first questions. Use the transducer that comes with the mega unit and the TSS is a nice piece also.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cards21 View Post
    Correct, yes to both of the first questions. Use the transducer that comes with the mega unit and the TSS is a nice piece also.
    thanks and thanks!

12. Member
    I was curious what Humminbird would tell me about the Mega transducer on the trolling motor, so this is what I asked...

...About the mega transducer.... is the one that comes with the units different than the one listed as the "trolling motor" version on your website, or is the only difference that the one listed as the trolling motor version comes with a different mount? Are they the same physical transducers and I would just need to order a bracket?

This was Humminbirds response...

"They are two completely different transducers themselves. The one that is in the box is designed to be mounted on the transom. The trolling motor version is designed specifically for the trolling motor and is on backorder. The transom transducer is compatible with a trolling motor mount to adapt it to the bottom of trolling motor. The part number is AD MTM however it is on backorder as well."
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

That's the trolling motor mounting bracket, not a different transducer.

14. Member
    It sounds like they are confirming you can use the transom transducer on the TM but just need the AD MTM mount similar to the HDSI transducers.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow