Anyone have an aluminum EZ Loader?

Posting this here to cast a broader net, it's a general question after all.

Thinking about having one built, if anyone has one, curious how you like it, how it's held up, anything else you can think of, etc, etc. It would be a custom built job with their I-tube material, tandem, brakes, thinking about stainless fenders too. They ain't cheap, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has experience with one.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

I have one under my Skeeter bay boat that's nine years old. Doing good, no complaints.

Mcclain in houston makes some real nice ones.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Ameratrail in Florida makes a great custom trailer for bass boats.
    I'm having this exact trailer built now for my Triton. I'll post pics in a month or so when I get it

5. mikesxpress
    Kevin what ever mfg you choose to use ensure they install all stainless steel braking system. Most opt to use the std steel parts and replacing them later is expensive. I did it on mine. Also the polished fenders look great but when (not if) someone steps on them it scratches badly. Best to have the diamond plate which is my next upgrade on mine to get rid of the glass fenders.

How much are we talking for a custom aluminum trailer? Mine is about ready to fold in half due to rust.

7. Member
    Owens and Sons or Sport Trail
    Both are setup for long distance delivery. They are the 2 most recommended custom trailer companies on the big boating forum.

Torsion axles, no springs

Kodiak or DeeMaxx ALL Stainless steel brakes/rotors/pads/hardware. Worth every penny.
    Last edited by friogatto; 05-25-2017 at 01:38 PM.

8. Member
    Thanks gents, appreciate the comments.

Nearly 100% going with a custom from EZ loader because they can do it without needing the boat since they have the design specs. Looking like it'll be ballpark $5000 not including shipping, with the I-tube aluminum frame, tandem, vault hubs, brakes, stainless fenders, spare, spare basket up front between the rails (as opposed to a side mount), no swing hitch. After comments above I'll inquire about the stainless brakes and may have to reconsider the fenders. I don't really need a swing tongue so I left it out, one less thing to worry about or fail. Even if it's a few hundred steep compared to other options like Ameratrail, McClain or Coastline, for those custom builders I'd have to transport the boat to them, fuel costs would add up. And this way I can try to sell the old one, which certainly has at least a couple more years in it, and can do that on my own time.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    Ameratrail in Florida makes a great custom trailer for bass boats.
    I'm having this exact trailer built now for my Triton. I'll post pics in a month or so when I get it
    I have a aluminum Amertrail under my Stroker. One disadvantage to it is, it would float when I had bigger tires on it, I downsized the tires to 195 and it helped, but can still move easily under water when there is strong current. Can make for a bit of a pain when loading by yourself. I've had a few welds crack that needed to be fixed, it seems aluminum cracks little easier than comparable steel.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

10. Member
    Yes, tandem aluminum trailers can float. I like it, you never have to worry about driving off the end of the ramp. Especially at low tide. In heavy current you may need pull up and power load/winch.

I also learned the hard way with brakes. Surprising how fast they disintegrate and you can never get them fully rinsed. The backing on the brake pads rust and expand destroying the calipers, the seals crack and saltwater gets into the lines. Now your replacing the entire brake system and lines. SS brakes are the only way to go.

If you have access to a convenient freshwater ramp, highly recommend dunking the trailer and run the motor for a few minutes after each trip. Saves lots of time washing and rinsing at the house and can get to areas the hose cant.

Final note, not so sure about the I-Tube framing. Impossible to rinse inside the tube that's why most mid and high end trailer manufacturers use an I beam or C channel. Is this just a cosmetic thing so the outside looks like the steel bass boat trailers? Either way, I just don't get it. Tube says future PROBLEMS to me.

11. Member
    StrongBack Trails in Fla ...makes a good one also .

12. Member
    I went with Coastline and am totally happy with the quality. Black anodized I-beam frame, stainless fenders.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....hlight=brinson