My Minn Kota "70" has the motor size of 4" and uses the MKP 33 instead of the MKP 32.

Is it really an 80lb with the wrong cover?

Cover says "70", but according to MK's website, the 70 doesn't use the 4" motor diameter.

What is the deal here? Is the MK website wrong, or the trolling motor cover wrong?

The MKP 32 is supposed to fit the 70 but it's too small for my tm.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I have the same one. Did it come on a Ranger boat? It's actually a "Ranger 70". It says 70# but it's actually 80#. I was told that it's some kind of pricing thing with Ranger and Minn Kota. I don't completely understand it. I the same thing when I got mine I purchased a spare prop and it didn't fit because I got the one for the 70. So yes, you actually have a 80# motor.
    Humminbird 999SI(con) & 899SI(bow) interlinked
    Ultrex 80
    10' Talon, Hydrowave, Mercmonitor, Bluewater LEDs, Motormate

Quote Originally Posted by gshellems View Post
    I have the same one. Did it come on a Ranger boat? It's actually a "Ranger 70". It says 70# but it's actually 80#. I was told that it's some kind of pricing thing with Ranger and Minn Kota. I don't completely understand it. I the same thing when I got mine I purchased a spare prop and it didn't fit because I got the one for the 70. So yes, you actually have a 80# motor.
    Yeah it came on my z175. Thanks for the reply. I called cust service but they don't answer very well.

4. Member

Ranger "70"

Quote Originally Posted by Bass newb View Post
    Yeah it came on my z175. Thanks for the reply. I called cust service but they don't answer very well.

The Ranger is a 70lb in an 80lb body. it as a special deal Ranger made with Minn Kota. The armature andmagnets inside
    are only 70lb thrust.

They did this around 2008 to 2011.it was a marketing deal that i was disappointed with out of Ranger Boats.