Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I would have rather had a tackle organizer in my xpress than a livewell divider. I don't tournament fish, so I did not even notice that I did not have a divider. But everybody stores tackle in their boat. Nearly every boat now has a tackle organizer.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    my new truck didn't come with a cigarette lighter. it has a port for it but no lighter. ford.......boy they have some nerve!!!!
    My neighbor just bought a new Chevy car so I made her a new CD with some new country songs. I took it over to give it to her and we walked out to her car to listen to it. To my surprise we couldn't find the CD player. The car was just 2 days old and she had not tried to play a CD. So I looked in the car manual and found out the music had to be on a thumb drive, so I downloaded the music for her and it worked like a charm. I stopped by the dealer a few days later and they told me that the CD players where going away. Who would have think it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    My neighbor just bought a new Chevy car so I made her a new CD with some new country songs. I took it over to give it to her and we walked out to her car to listen to it. To my surprise we couldn't find the CD player. The car was just 2 days old and she had not tried to play a CD. So I looked in the car manual and found out the music had to be on a thumb drive, so I downloaded the music for her and it worked like a charm. I stopped by the dealer a few days later and they told me that the CD players where going away. Who would have think it.
    yes I thought that about the eight track, and the cassette, things change all the time. Yes I am old enough I had eight track tapes LOL

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    yes I thought that about the eight track, and the cassette, things change all the time. Yes I am old enough I had eight track tapes LOL
    Me too...i guess that shows our age. But i was kind of taken back to see that her car didn't have a CD Player. At least with the thumb drive all i have to do is download the songs. I wonder what is next....

5. Banned
    My Tundra came with hitch, but no draw bar. Can't tow without one.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    My Tundra came with hitch, but no draw bar. Can't tow without one.
    With the brush guard installed you can push the boat around

7. Member
    I bought a wallet the other day with a big pocket to hold money. You know those SOB's did not even put money in it...

2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

8. Banned
    I bought new safety glasses and had to pay extra for the lenses.
    Propane grill with no propane tank.
    Tool chest with no tools
    2 reels with no line on them
    2 rods with no reels
    4 bags of plastics with no hooks included

And the last and final straw

A new dishwasher from Best Buy. Yep you guessed it. No Friggin Dishes in it.

This is ridiculous

9. Member
    As a Dealer I can tell you some Manufacturers do things that just will never make any sense, just as this. If the livewell has a spot for a divider stick it in. On the other hand if my customers were able to get everything they think should be standard in my Boats, a 20,000 boat would be 21,500. I can see both sides, glad to see the dealer stepped up and donated the divider out of another Boat. I would have done the same thing.

My Ranger came with a live well divider as standard equipment....I have never used it and would not have ordered it if it had been an option. But I still think a divided livewell should have a divider. But for me personally, it would make no difference.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    I bought new safety glasses and had to pay extra for the lenses.
    Propane grill with no propane tank.
    Tool chest with no tools
    2 reels with no line on them
    2 rods with no reels
    4 bags of plastics with no hooks included

And the last and final straw

A new dishwasher from Best Buy. Yep you guessed it. No Friggin Dishes in it.

This is ridiculous

And a partridge in a pear tree. Yes this thread is starting to get funny.... OH wait a minute we could make a song out of this....i'll get to work ASAP

12. Member
    Xpress didn't provide a livewell divider,but the paint they put on the hull stays on so you're not driving it back to the dealer saving you more then 25$ in gas fees!

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    My Ranger came with a live well divider as standard equipment....I have never used it and would not have ordered it if it had been an option. But I still think a divided livewell should have a divider. But for me personally, it would make no difference.
    me either....I plugged my livewell and use it for storage anyway..things not big enough to hold my fat pigs
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    me either....I plugged my livewell and use it for storage anyway..things not big enough to hold my fat pigs
    What about your fish?

Ho that's funny right there.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    What about your fish?
    Well... Should have said green pigs.. They are big down south
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

17. Member
    I didn't read all of the middle pages so forgive me if this has already been said but having worked at a car dealership years ago, an experienced salesman would make sure to explain any options up front. It makes sure the buyer knows what he's getting and each option you add means more profit to the dealer so it's a win win.

But it let's say it came without one. Might be the salesmans fault. Might be the customers fault. In a small town, reputation and repeat business can make or break a business so on something as cheap and simple as a livewell divider, it is often given to the customer. No it's not required but goodwill can go a long way. But typically what you might see is the dealership tells the customer the part was an option, and it normally costs $25 but they will give it to you at cost (probably $10 off retail). It shows they are trying to help while at the same time not losing money.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345