Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You think the dealer made $25 on the sale? Of course!! 25 bucks to keep a customer happy is a small price to pay to keep the owner from spreading the bad news about Express and the dealer all over BBC and with their fishing friends. Just IMHO. I'd call Express Customer service, explain the response from the dealer and ask for the divider...they just may send you one..
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

2. Member
    Dealer is everything. I got a lot of heat from my Uncle (who's owned and X17 and has an X19) to get the Xpress, because of the dealer. Dealer just went out of business. I think I have a couple of dividers in the garage if you want one. You pay the shipping.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    I purchased the X19 in 2014 for 33k,i asked the same question & his reply was the divider is an option,don't worry I'll take care of it.He has been in business for 35 years in a small town in Iowa,he calls Xpress or Ranger or Phoenix and gets it done,they all have issues!

4. Member
    When my H18 was new I had problems with the side guide brackets on the trailer cracking within a few months of purchasing the boat. My dealer replaced them twice at no charge. After the last set failed I called Xpress customer service and asked if they had a permenment fix for the issue. They said they were aware of the issue and redesigned the bracket and would send me a set of them at no charge. I installed them when they came in and have not had a problem since. My experience with the dealer and customer service could not have been better. As far as the divider goes I guess Xpress has the ultimate word on it being an option but I'm sure if you were to meet one of their reps in person at a boat show or other event and explain to them the situation they might send you one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMitchell19 View Post
    You think the dealer made $25 on the sale? Of course!! 25 bucks to keep a customer happy is a small price to pay to keep the owner from spreading the bad news about Express and the dealer all over BBC and with their fishing friends. Just IMHO. I'd call Express Customer service, explain the response from the dealer and ask for the divider...they just may send you one..
    I don't understand the idea that dealers need to give away things to make customers happy or face internet retribution. Sounds like blackmail.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I don't understand the idea that dealers need to give away things to make customers happy or face internet retribution. Sounds like blackmail.
    That's what I was thinking. Suck it up and pay the $25 bucks.

7. LDraper
    My little low cost G3 came with a divider and a transom saver. I ask about the cost of a spare tire and the dealer said "consider it included!"

8. Member
    He does not need one anymore. His dealer made one and sent it to him. Read past the first post.

9. Banned
    Did the trailer tires have air in them or did they charge you $25 a pop for that?

10. Banned
    A divided livewell that doesn't come with a divider isn't divided and should not be advertised as such. Extra large, big game, etc would be acceptable terms but divided means divided.

When I picked up my X19, I too had no divider. When I mentioned this to my dealer, he yelled at some kid about not doing his job correctly and told him to go fetch a divider out of the stock room. He even threw in a 5 flat to 7 round adapter for the trailer lights. If I remember correctly and I'm too lazy tonight to check their web site, Xpress advertises it as "x" number gallon live well with nothing mentioned about it being divided. I know everybody expects a divided well but you get what is advertised.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

12. Member
    I am 100% in agreeance with op. You take care of your people period or you find someone else that will. Small things matter

I've purchased 3 new boats from small aluminum to glass and all came with a divider in the live well. "An Option"...really!

Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    Im thinking the same thing. Like posted before nothing in life is free. How many businesses stay alive handing out free stuff all the time? If its optional then it is regardless if its a silly item or not just pay for it and be done with it whats complaining about $25 item going to change honestly. My divider that came with mine is in the landfill somewhere.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    A livewell divider would be a silly reason to possibly ruin your chances for a happy returning customer. A happy customer is the potential for many more.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    A livewell divider would be a silly reason to possibly ruin your chances for a happy returning customer. A happy customer is the potential for many more.
    With the shoe on the other foot its as equally silly reason to get all bent out of shape about it. Seems prettg cut and dry to me its listed as optional by xpress. To avoid having a pissed off person as a dealer you are expected to eat the cost. Im sorry i have a hard time siding with those saying you should get all these thrown in items its tough to run a business everything costs so much.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    My little low cost G3 came with a divider and a transom saver. I ask about the cost of a spare tire and the dealer said "consider it included!"
    Dealer must have made a pretty good margin off the sale to just throw all that in.

18. Member
    Keep your customers happy and coming back and you will more than make back the cost of a livewell divider with your service department. A dealer will for sure lose money when no one walks back through your door.

19. Banned
    If he is upset over $25

He will be raging when it needs service at $100/HR.

Business is business. The dealer didn't set the options Express did. Dealers go out of business every year. It's not as lucrative a business as people think it is. You can't just give away options that cost you money in hopes that person will return one day. That's just not the real world.

Everybody talks about American jobs, but paying $25 for an option is considered outrageous. Somebody made it, shipped it, sold it, and warehoused it. Everybody has to get paid. If it was free everybody loses money. That's how the market works.

Maybe the dealers should offer the service for free to just so people will come back. So all this over a livewell divider where does it end there are alot of "optional" things that alot of folks should feel are standard Boat Buckles are a popular one should all dealers throw those in as well so there is no risk of pissing anyone off? Pay the $25 and get over it. Small price to pay for anything involving a boat trust me.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast