Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    I know, right? How tall do they think we are? Screw the pole in, drop the seat on and its already 3 inches too high. Extend it out and the seat hits me dang near in the shoulder blades.

I solved the problem by cutting 3 inches off of the pole. I still only use it for "slow" fishing the rest of the time it stays in a compartment.
    Isn't THAT the truth!

Actually, I just got a new pole because the hydraulics in my old one gave up the ghost and it would come completely apart. Then the first time out I made the mistake of hitting the lever and that thing shut up and hit me in the sternum.... about knocked​ me off the front of the friggin boat!! I literally have to lay over the darn thing to get it to push back down it's low enough to try to sit on again.... Uhhhh sit, let's say lean against.LoL

I might just try your solution on my old pole, being as it's already disassembled. LOL

Maybe make it 16" or so. :-)

I agree though that it does tend to get in the way. But with my bad back, (neck, middle, lumbar AND sciatic joints)... plus my knee I need it more for stability than anything else.

Sent via space on my S7 Edge
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

2. Member
    I use a single adjustable pro seat up front. Don't really sit but I like it for leaning

Last year i never used one up front, but for some reason every time i go out this year we have Gail force winds so i pull it out..

I use a butt seat or a leaning post.

5. Member
    If I have the butt seat out, that's a sure sign I'm not catching. Most of the time it's in the front storage locker.

Bought a cheap BPS manual pole and seat just for the really rough days. Used it twice since I bought it. Stand almost all the time.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

7. Member
    I have stood for the last 15 years or so. However, the bone spur in my left heel may make me put the old butt seat in for my next tourney. I like having the extra space without using one.

8. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    I'm constantly bouncing off of rocks and the bottom. Lean on the seat for balance assistance

9. Member
    I don't even carry mine, all my seats and poles are leaned up in the corner of the shop. Once I started fishing without one I realized I preferred it.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I always use the butt seat, my balance has been terrible all of my life and its surely not getting any better as I get older.
    This would be me as well ^^^^

11. Banned
    Only if it's crazy rough

12. Member
    Smarties a seat, sometimes not! If it's really rough I like having to lean against so I down go swimming.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I used to never carry a seat for the front...passenger seat was optional, but lately I find myself leaning on the front seat a lot more or letting it all the way down and sitting on it.....especially in rough water......sad to get older....

14. Member
    No seat for me but it's in the boat just in case.

15. Banned
    I keep a lean post in the middle of the boat in a mount I made/ installed myself. Only move it up front when needed but 95% I never use it.

Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    I like th step that holds the cushion. I have thought about doing that but I occasionally have three in the boat.

17. Member
    The front butt seat is where my net hangs out and I'll lean on it from time to time. You can bet if the fish are biting I'm not leaning on it. The seat for the back deck, it's in the storage shed in case the wife wants to go out on the water which is very seldom. I have been fishing more from the back deck lately since I upgraded my electronics at the console. To the OP everyone has there own preference on seats, do what makes you most comfortable.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I like th step that holds the cushion. I have thought about doing that but I occasionally have three in the boat.
    Thanks, I made that myself.

19. Member
    After 40 yrs. bass fishing have gone to sitting. Back trouble...but, the Terrova has made it easier to control the boat. Using foot control/w the hand held control is sweet. Still missing fish because of wimpy hook-sets. No more 12 hour days...more like 4-6 hours. And the spot lock is great for off-shore fishing.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FishinSnowguy

20. Member
    No pedestals in the boat. They are stored away at home.

Getting the front butt seat out was the main reason for the recessed tray install.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123