Yamaha YES plan transfer

I am about to buy a used skeeter with a 2015 SHO with very low hours. I see the transfer is easy and is to be done with the bill of sale. My local dealer said $100 to check out the motor, hook up it to computer, and do the transfer. Pretty easy.

My question is, what if they find the motor wasn't broke in properly or has a problem. Now I could be stuck with a big problem and no warranty. I'm not sure how I feel about doing this after the sale. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thank you.

Does anyone have

2. Banned
    Even though the contract says you need to have the motor inspected, you really don't.

Once you are the owner call Yamaha US customer support, tell them you don't have a dealer nearby, and ask them to transfer the contract for you. They may very well want you to fax them a bill of sale proving that you are the new owner.

Or find another dealer to do the warranty/YES contract transfer for you.

Think about it for a minute. The motor is under warranty. If there is a problem then the dealer can fix it under warranty. And then transfer the warranty to a perfectly good working motor.

By the way, a dealer or Yamaha has no way of knowing how the motor was broken in. Only is something broke in the first two hours and they saw all of the run time at or over 5000 RPM would they be suspicious.

If shove comes to push let me know. I might know of a dealer that will transfer the warranty/YES contract for you, based on you giving them proof that you are the new owner.

3. Member
    Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I am just nervous about the deal. The boat has been sitting for almost a year and I don't trust the local dealership very much. Maybe I will try what you are suggesting. Thank you.