McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH

Live wells not holding water

My livewells leak when I switch them to recir and pull the boat out of the water for weigh-ins. I blew out the drains with a hose and it seems a little better but what else should I be looking at to fix the leaks?
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

flappers on valve are dry and leaking. Pull out valve and replace flappers.

3. Member
    1997 Ranger 482vs
    2013 150HO Etec
    Bassmaster Classic Edition

4. Member
    Did mine a few weeks ago. Took about 30 minutes total.

5. Member
    Good luck with it. Worst design boat builders ever did was use Flow-rite valves! If i had one big livewell on my 488 i would eliminate the junky valves for good! I just dont want to drill a series of holes if i dont have to. Im sure there are people that love them but i have had problems with even new ones out of package. I just pvc cap my drains off now to achieve livewell filling all the way up. I changed out twice and can only get my wells to fill up halfway, will not fill to the top and i bought new V3 valves(rec/empty/auto).

6. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    flappers on valve are dry and leaking....

....or actuator is misadjusted.

7. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    Thanks Gents!
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

8. Member
    My th marine valves lasted 16 years. I didn't know any better and got flowrite. Hoping for a few trouble free years at least. Lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentw View Post
    Good luck with it. Worst design boat builders ever did was use Flow-rite valves! If i had one big livewell on my 488 i would eliminate the junky valves for good! I just dont want to drill a series of holes if i dont have to. Im sure there are people that love them but i have had problems with even new ones out of package. I just pvc cap my drains off now to achieve livewell filling all the way up. I changed out twice and can only get my wells to fill up halfway, will not fill to the top and i bought new V3 valves(rec/empty/auto).
    Sounds like both pumps were not working.

10. Member
    Both pumps was working!!