Thread: Yamaha T1 prop?

Yamaha T1 prop?

I have a new 225 SHO and no prop. I've been waiting for a 25" T1 but they seem to keep pushing the ship date back on me. Do any of you have the inside scoop on actual production dates on this prop? I've been breaking the motor in with a 27" vented V Max prop but can only turn 5100 rpms. I'm to the point where I can start opening it up but don't want to keep running at only 5100. Are the Turbo FXP props a good option for this motor. The boat is a 1999 Skeeter ZX210C. Thanks

2. Member
    What about a 23 pitch? From the results of the 27 that is where you need to go.

3. Member
    I'm just going with what most Skeeter SHO owners with a 21' boat are running...95% of the reports I have read are using the 25. Also I'm not sure of how accurate the 27 is that I have now. I have a friend that is going to let me try a 25 of his and I'll go from there.

Get you a 24 Pitch Solis Scorpion. They run a little stiffer than a T1 It will turn about the same RPM's as a 25T1.

Most 21ft. boat owners are running a 250-300hp motor. You are under powered, so you need to go down in pitch. I recommend the 24 Tempest. I've heard that the Yamaha M-series props work well on those older models, but I don't think they make the M-series in even pitches.

I don't think you'll be able to turn a 24p Scorpion. Maybe a 23p Scorpion, but not a 24p. Those are actually about 2 pitches stiffer. If you like that blade design, you could get a 24p VMX. They run about equal in pitch as the T-1.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    Thanks for the replys. Yes the 210c only has a nameplate rating of 225hp...I thought about going with the 250 but didn't want to run into any conflicts fishing tournaments. When I bought the boat last fall it had a 225 OX66 and would run 72.5 on gps with a Yamaha 27" VMax prop (I don't recall what rpms it was turning). I will be running a mid to light load most of the time. 1 Talon, 112v Ultrex, myself (200lbs), partner???, and around 200-250lbs of gear.

7. Member
    Their running 25" props and if they are running a newer boat it's heavier. If it won't turn a 25" prop do what every one else is doing and have the ECM flashed to 250 or 300 hp.

8. Member
    I would work on adjustments with the VMAX prop because it and the SHO do run higher than the OX66 allowing you to gain some rpms, then you can get a good judgement on where you need to go from those results.

Stay away from the Pro Seires props on the SHO. Too much output for those props, you WILL sling a blade.

9. Member
    What prop did you end up with

10. Member
    Hey limit fish, this is carbonflinger. I have the same issue and I was only running 5200 rpms. Bought the 23 pitch scorpion, still only turning 5200. Took my boat to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong. Well I took my boat to team marine in Wisconsin and the set up was wrong. They had it set up to take the amount of fuel for a 300 and ecu. Set 225. Witch was putting to much fuel in the cylinders causimg it to only run at 5200 with witch ever prop I had on. Well Andy the owner of team marine set the fuel TPS so it match the 225 ecu and holy cow its a hole different boat when its set up right. I'm hitting the rev limiter with the 23 scorpion, so Andy told me to put the 27 on amd see were my rpms our going to be and will more then likely need a 25 scorpion. Look up team marine and talk with Andy. I think your having the same problem.