Thread: Ultrex Review

Ultrex Review

Well I got to use the new 80# 45" ultrex yesterday. I can now understand why it took me 2 months to get it. What an incredible piece of technology! The functions out surpassed all of my expectations. I crappie fish 90% of the time and there is no doubt this is going to increase my catching success. I won't go so far as to say it will make power poles/talons obsolete, they have their place, but.......To be able to go back to a saved spotlock from a 1/4 mile away and be within 3 ft. is just unreal to me. Anyway you can see that I like it.
    P.S. Thanks to Brian at BBG for his patience and reassurance during my wait time

2. Member
    loo

How long was your wait after ordering?
    FirstSergeantUSAF
    Jet Noise, The Sound of Freedom

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstSergeantUSAF View Post
    How long was your wait after ordering?
    He said 2 months and a local guy says his suppliers are now saying July.

5. Member
    I just ordered one from D&R Sports in Kalamazoo last Friday and got it today! Their site says they still have them.
    Humminbird 999SI(con) & 899SI(bow) interlinked
    Ultrex 80
    10' Talon, Hydrowave, Mercmonitor, Bluewater LEDs, Motormate

I had one on order for two months and finally cancelled when I was told it might be the end of June, possibly July.
    FirstSergeantUSAF

7. Member
    Just got mine! Ordered from my dealer and had it in a few days! Got it installed and can't wait to get on the water to try it out!!

Must depend on the model. I ordered the 1368810 Ultrex 80/US2 Trolling Motor w/i-Pilot Link 24v 45 Inch Shaft. Availability is very limited according to both dealers and Minn Kota. I can find plenty without link. I have found some with link, but they are very proud of them, because the are asking more than the suggested retail. At this point I'll probably wait till next year to purchase one.
    Last edited by FirstSergeantUSAF; 05-27-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    FirstSergeantUSAF

9. Banned
    We still have eta's for middle to end of next month for most models. Shouldn't be long now

10. Member
    Question: i got an ultrex 80# IPlink, i had the head replaced as I cut the universal wire. The warranty tech did his work. I took it to the lake did the pairing but it seems the remote control won't recognize the motor. Before, i could not get it to stay in spot lock unless i was right against the wind, now it's w the same maybe worst i can't do the calibrating, it won't display o my remote control. Nothing I can do about it. Any help is welcomed.