Thread: Ranger 397V

Ranger 397V

Hello Everyone,

I have had my ranger for a year now. Spent most of last year and this year working out some bugs, wet sanding, cleaning and fishing out of it. There are a couple of things i do not like about the boat. Rod Storage SUCKS. The front deck is a bit small and I truly hate the windshield design. I am working on preparing (funding) some fall projects for the Boat. 1) extend front deck back so i can take advantage of more rod storage space and maybe add vertical rod holders that attatch to the passenger side console 2) Carpet and Seats and 3) I have to believe there is a better way to implement a Full windshield (similar to what is on there now) that sits up straighter, is a bit shorter and gets rid of those ugly Pain in the butt supports that extend back 2'. So my real question is does anyone have any suggestions on the windshield and Design?

Thanks,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggM View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have had my ranger for a year now. Spent most of last year and this year working out some bugs, wet sanding, cleaning and fishing out of it. There are a couple of things i do not like about the boat. Rod Storage SUCKS. The front deck is a bit small and I truly hate the windshield design. I am working on preparing (funding) some fall projects for the Boat. 1) extend front deck back so i can take advantage of more rod storage space and maybe add vertical rod holders that attatch to the passenger side console 2) Carpet and Seats and 3) I have to believe there is a better way to implement a Full windshield (similar to what is on there now) that sits up straighter, is a bit shorter and gets rid of those ugly Pain in the butt supports that extend back 2'. So my real question is does anyone have any suggestions on the windshield and Design?

Thanks,
    i have 97 397 xt ,,,, if it's the same boat,,, I have heard that some guys are removing the windshields and using bass boat type windscreens for more room,,,,just have to find some that might work,,,zi mainly crappie fish with mine so I use the front windshield to mount rods holder vertically and backwards,,,, I am thinking of removing rear seating so I can extend flooring there for more rear ward room for fishing platform...that way I don't have to step on rear seats all the time,,,just need someone to build this all for me so it's lasts