2017 Skeeter ZX 225 Speed

I now have 20 hours on engine. I cannot get it to run over 64 with stock 25 ti prop at 5800 rpm. Called Skeeter and was told to raise jackplate up to 7 dots. It came set at 4 dots. Have not ran motor since I have raised it. Wonder if it will help any. I have checked and it is running WOT.

2. Member
    Only running it and testing it will tell you. Theory suggest that it will.

Yes it will affect it. But expect less low speed drive ability, on my non skeeter I could plane at 18mph. Raised motor a half in I needed to go 30, came down an eight and can plane at 20, so blending needs is all a trial and error deal.

4. Member
    It will help it but don't expect a 75 mph boat. Mine runs at or around 65 with full load and a partner and 69 to 71 with just me and a full load.

7.5 dots with two Talons, partner and gear I can still get 70 out of it. Full live wells and I'm looking at 68-69 depending on conditions

6. Member
    At 7.5 dots have you measured your Prop to Pad? I am thinking that should be about 2 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by hkc3 View Post
    At 7.5 dots have you measured your Prop to Pad? I am thinking that should be about 2 inches.
    That sounds about right. The T-1 likes to be run very high. I have the Bob's plate, so I don't know my exact prop-shaft height. I do know that I could jack it up to about 3 on the scale with the T-1. With the Tempest, I can only raise it to about 1.5 on the scale.

This boat runs way over 70 mph when properly set-up, and 75mph (solo) is realistic.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

8. Member
    I have a 2016 zx225 with the stock prop...had added a hydo jacker from new by dealer...it'll run 72 with ease with two men a full tank and full of gear...on about a 1 ft chop....glassy water slows it down some... I have not pushed it pass this but would bet I can get 74 with half tank and by myself. Had a Legend Alpha 21 with a merc 250 and could not get to 70...what a pig....had a Big-O with a 225 ho Etech and it ran 78 easy...its all in the adjustments or the lack of the boats ability to adapt to adjustments...I love my Skeeter!