Motorguide XI5 or Minn kota Terrova saltwater

Hi ALL
    Thinking of getting my first trolling motor , It will be mainly in Sydney harbour and offshore NSW, the boat is a plate ally 5.5m centre consul so I am looking at 80pound 60"shaft

I have been told my the local dealer that the build quality is the same in both and both have 2 years warranty.

The cost for the motorguide xi5 in Australia will be $2200.00 aus dollars and the terrova is about $3200.00 aus dollars

The main difference I can work out is the terrova has left -assist and was release in 2017 where the motor guide xi5 was release in 2015 I think.

So I am best to wait another six months and save up the difference or will the XI5 be ok for what I need .

Thanks again for any replies
    Last edited by cork24; 05-24-2017 at 03:44 AM. Reason: forgot some thing

2. Member
    They are both really similar. If you troll a lot and have humminbird units the terrova may be worth the expense so that you can connect it to your humminbirds. Otherwise $1000 is a lot of money for something that really performs the same.

3. Member
    The new spot lock on the 2017 bluetooth versions is awesome. If you use that it may be worth the extra to you.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Banned
    New Terrova for sure....... I've used them both.

5. Member

MG xi5 or the terrova

Thanks for the reply all

Look like the dealer that is selling the terrova for $3200.00 aus dollars is no tell me it is a 2016 and a 2017 model and too get the one
    which you can link will cost $3850.00 and also I have found a motor guide dealer that has put a cost together for Xi5, quick release , Lite TI9" with totalscan transducer,
    gateway ket, NIMA 200 starter, wiring harness for electric motor and 2 marine battery 105ah 12v for $5000.00 aus dollars.

So I just need too make a decision but I am thinking the MG will do me ok for my needs and as the terrova is cost an extra $1800.00 .

Thanks again all

Brian

Get the xi5. Your crazy if you pay that for a terrova.
    The xi5 works awesome. Just hard to get used to the pedal.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Hi All
    We have just have the Sydney boat show this weekend and I took the plunge and bought my first trolling motor xi5 with a new Lowrance ti 9"so fingers crossed it
    will all work out good, getting the guys I bought it off to install ($700) it so all I have to do is drop off my boat and 1 day later pick it up and go fishing
    Thanks again for all your help and reply