Ultrex mount issue

I am having a problem with the latch mechanism on my new Ultrex. The motor goes from stowed position to deploy with no problem except that the latch pin just barely catches in the slots on the mount. When I try to lift it back to the stowed position it is very difficult to get it to release and takes multiple hard jerks on the cable to get it to release. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

2. Member
    Usually installed out of balance. Back up your mount bolts a bit and tighten each bolt till just stung. Then tighten one at a time while checking your latching pins. Play with the sequence of bolts till you get it right. Also lub up everything. Also make sure your bounch buster is adjusted right.

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    billpro is correct but to take it one step further make sure the surface you mounted it on is level front to back and side to side. If it's off even just a hair then it twists the mount and it will do what you are describing.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    I finally had a chance to try what billpro said and so far it seemed to work. I have just tested it in my garage and not on the water but so far so good. thanks guys

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the76kid View Post
    I finally had a chance to try what billpro said and so far it seemed to work. I have just tested it in my garage and not on the water but so far so good. thanks guys