Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Impossible to remove stains on white hull....Help!!!

1995 Ranger with white hull, sides and top are clean, Its my own fault as I kinda let the bottom go the last few years because of bad back now I'm paying for it. Have stains that are near impossible to remove. I tried CLR, Meguires one step compound aggressive cleaner plus polish with a buffer and still cant remove them completely. I spent probably 2 1/2 - 3 hrs and got maybe first 3 ft on one side fairly clean, some stains still didn't want to come off.Tried 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper in a small area , got a lot of white residue on paper but didn't do much for the stains. Once I saw the white on the paper I stopped as I wasn't sure if I was going to do more damage than good
    I'm at a loss at what to do, never had any stains this stubborn before. Anyone have any ideas for real stubborn stains like this?

2. Member
    have you tried toilet bowl cleaner. not joking. like x14 or snobowl. they work but you MUST wax afterward, oh and dont get it on your skin

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTex View Post
    have you tried toilet bowl cleaner. not joking. like x14 or snobowl. they work but you MUST wax afterward, oh and dont get it on your skin
    No but tried CLR which has a acid in it and is a strong lime, rust, stain remover

star brite hull cleaner.....get a cheap foam mop, soak it, apply, wait 5 minutes and spray rinse....easy peasy.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioan View Post
    No but tried CLR which has a acid in it and is a strong lime, rust, stain remover
    seriously try it
    weve done i many times and works like a charm. white hulls show more stain than others of course but toilet bowl cleaner gets it out

6. Member
    I saw where others recommended both toilet bowl cleaner and Star Brite but figured they wouldn't work since my other methods failed. I will give them a try and report back in a few days
    Thanks guys

7. Member
    There's always On and Off hull cleaner.

8. Member
    On and Off will do it. It is an acid, so you will need to protect yourself and use lots of water. Wet area to be cleaned. Pour a little bit in a plastic pot. Using a throw away brush, brush over the stain. Allow to sit for a few minutes. Use a scrub brush over the area just like your were washing a car. Rinse really good. You can also try Davis FSR or Y10 cleaner. But from your pics, On and Off will work best.

9. Member
    Agree, acid is the key. Problem is what acid can do to your trailer, or what it's parked over at the time of cleaning.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

On/Off hull cleaner.....period
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    "The Works" bathroom cleaner works awesome. I put it in a spray bottle(make sure to clearly label it!)....and spray away.

The leg of my motor was stained YELLOW when I bought my boat. Sprayed with "The Works" and let it sit for 10 mins.....rinsed/wiped it off...and the leg was white again.
    1999 Stratos 273 / '98 Johnson 150hp

12. Member
    If you use On and Off you have to cover your galvanized or any metal trailer with plastic.

13. Member
    +1 for the Works! I use 3m white polishing scrubs. Works like a charm.

Pur Kleen is great on white hulls.
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post

17. Member
    Barkeepers Friend
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

I've had pretty good luck with JJ-V'S Best

19. Member
    After its good and clean wax it and you wont have that issue. I couldn't believe the difference a little wax made.

Just two weeks ago I tried Star Brite Gel Formula Hull Cleaner and the stuff worked like magic on my boat! Spray it on, let it sit for a little bit, then hose it off. I did have to lightly scrub a few spots with a sponge, but with very little effort. I can honestly say that my boat has never been cleaner!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast