Another TM Tray question 186VF

On my 1995 186VF, wondering where you guys have put your recess trays? Have you taken out the hand hole and the power mounting board below it, or leaving that and putting it closer to the chair mount? I rarely use the chair, so further forward sounds good = more deck space, but then if I ever use the pedestal seat, it would be hard to reach.

Really interested in who has done what to a 90's era Charger... Thanks...

Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

2. Member
    on chargers the 7x7 acces block in the bow is where the tray begins and goes back towards the seat base ,its just about rite for most to reach comfortably . hope this helps

3. Member
    Same thing is on my sisters 195... I wondered how I'd get one in there if I decided to put one on hers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robert m View Post
    on chargers the 7x7 acces block in the bow is where the tray begins and goes back towards the seat base ,its just about rite for most to reach comfortably . hope this helps
    This is where the tray is on my 195 but for me it is about 3 to 4 inches too close. I filled the tray in. It is much more comfortable for me to have the foot pedal more forward even though it is at floor level. It is the one thing I really didn't like on my boat.

5. Member
    i took my tray out too. I can't stand them. if all you did was go straight down a bank, they may be good, but for going in and out of docks, they suck

6. Member
    Maybe you can put the foot tray more forward in the newer models. I really like my foot tray and it is pretty forward on my boat.

7. Member
    I am not bolting my pedal to the tray for that reason. So I can pull it out and work from the side if I want.

8. Banned
    Never installed one after using a couple in buddies boats I didn't like them.

9. Member
    I personaly dont care for the trays,its to easy without one to move it anywhere you want on the deck and get it out of the way for fishing.but for those that love them go for it ,whatever works for the person is best.

10. Member
    you can move the tray all the way forward on the deck and do away with the acces panel all together if you have longer legs, it has been found too that if you put a wedge under the front of the pedal it is alot more comfy on the foot and ankle. less strain .

Thanks Guys, I will have to move the power mounting block under there if I take that much out. I'm currently trying to decide on position of the tray, because I do like them and not having to stand like a Flamingo all day...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I put mine at the very front and moved my junction block to the side.If you need to access it you can take the tray out.