Garmin Striker 7 GPS/Fish Finder Combo

Hi guys,

I am new to this website and I have a question in regards to my new fish finder. I purchase the Garmin striker 7 SV and also the portable fishing kit for my boat. I was using it this weekend and I simply stuck the transducer on the transom of my boat and I had access to the sonar setting but nothing was being displayed on the clear vu and side vu modes, and I have no idea. I am new to the fancy fish finder industry but it all should be plug and play, not to sure if I was doing something wrong, but the other options were not showing me anything. I was using a suction cup mount, not sure if this affects anything
    Last edited by Ville123; 05-23-2017 at 01:29 PM.

2. Member
    Suction cup mount should be okay as long as there is no obstruction to the sides of the transducer. Focus on the SideVu and try moving the transducer around some. Maybe post us a pic of what it looks like on the boat.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member

Garmin Striker 7 GPS/Fish Finder Combo

Here is what the unit is displaying

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Suction cup mount should be okay as long as there is no obstruction to the sides of the transducer. Focus on the SideVu and try moving the transducer around some. Maybe post us a pic of what it looks like on the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    First thing to check is the cable connections on the unit. Be careful. You have to make sure you are lined up correctly with the pins and then you have to push really hard. Do that on the power/2d part and and on the SideVu part. Then detach and reattach the GT52 to the 12 pin connector. Looks to me like you are intermittently losing the ground.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    don't do what I have done twice and put the sv in the dv port and dv in the sv port lol

6. Member
    I had the same reading last week and has stated above had dv and sv in wrong ports. Switched and went to working fine

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    First thing to check is the cable connections on the unit. Be careful. You have to make sure you are lined up correctly with the pins and then you have to push really hard. Do that on the power/2d part and and on the SideVu part. Then detach and reattach the GT52 to the 12 pin connector. Looks to me like you are intermittently losing the ground.

Hi guys,

I tried all of the above recommended fixes. I tried playing around with the wiring and everything was 100% connected properly. The clear vu would at times work but then would randomly stop. The side vu did not work what so ever. Unfortunately I am a little disappointed that the unit isn't working properly. I am looking to return the unit. Both side vu and down vu were connected properly and in all the way, not to sure what is going on. Keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by Ville123; 05-25-2017 at 08:42 PM.