Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Mech View Post
    Was in Vegas a few years ago and saw a panhandler with a sign that read "Homeless Veteran, need money for food". I asked him where his DD214 was and what branch of service. He asked me what a DD214 was...I ripped his azz for that one. So many liars out there.
    That's a very deep diving crankbait!
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

A few years ago i read about a guy that made over $100K a year begging----- wasnt a thing wrong with him. The IRS busted him on tax evasion.

3. Member
    I like putting an active wasp nest in a McDonald's bag and giving it to the beggars. Yellow jackets work well.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I like putting an active wasp nest in a McDonald's bag and giving it to the beggars. Yellow jackets work well.
    Damn!

5. Member
    I was driving home from the dentist with my 9 year old son from a few years back. We were queued up at a roundabout and a scraggley looking dude was holding a in need sign. I told my son not to make eye contact as the guy was staring each car down. My boy says " Dad, I got something for him" as he rolls down his window. The dude come running over to his window, and trying to be nice my son holds out his new toothbrush he had just got at the dentist.

The dude was less than gratuitous, LOL
    Last edited by Twin#2; 05-23-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    2011 Ranger Z119 Evinrude 200HO

Past Rigs

2007 Skeeter 190SX - Yamaha 150 Pro V
    2003 Ranger 521VX NASCAR. - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2003 Trition Tr-22 - Yamaha 250 HPDI
    2000 Ranger 518VX - Johnson 200 Venom
    1996 Ranger 462VS - Mercury 150 EFI
    1995 Ranger 461VS - Evinrude 150 Intruder
    1995 Ranger 354V - Mercury 150XR6
    1987 Stratos 169V - Mariner 135
    1986 Coleman Crawdad - 1956 Johnson 5hp - Minn Kota 8lb thrust

Took a different route home today after work after dropping a package off at FedEx. Drove by a main intersection where everyone drives through coming from Walmart/Home Depot/Longhorn/Dick's/etc. Saw a guy with a crumpled up sign and figured he was looking for a handout. Sign read "Smile if you masturbate". I had a hard time keeping a straight face!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

7. Banned
    Local news crew has caught them working corners all day than walking a mile to their nice vehicle parked at Best Buy. 2 things I wonder. Why people still give them money and why the news crews don't do this every week to educate people!

I have thought about making a sign saying gas money needed for a fishing trip. Give enough you can come on the trip.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    I have thought about making a sign saying gas money needed for a fishing trip. Give enough you can come on the trip.
    you could shorten that way with just "WANTED - CO ANGLER"

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Buzz
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

happens all of the time...I was eating lunch the other day and saw one working the corner in his socks ,young guy... When he was done he broke out the smartphone ,called somebody walked over to taco bell parking lot , somebody picked him up in a nice van and they drove off. Go figure.

12. Member
    A guy on the off-ramp had a sign that said "hungry, please help". A friend offered him 20 hours of yard work at $12.50 per hour. He declined and said he makes more than that doing what he was doing.

13. Member
    I'm in LA for business this week. Boss, co-worker, and myself were walking to a restaurant last night, and a guy walked by asking for change. I had spent all the cash I had brought with me already, and hadn't made it to the ATM to pull any out. I told him that I didn't have any cash on me, and before I even finished, he proceeded to start cussing me the joke is on him, because my boss had started to pull out his wallet to give the guy a few bucks for a meal/alcohol/whatever he wanted to spend it on, because we usually do feel bad for the ones who are either obviously homeless (dirty, tattered, filthy, etc) or really good actors. Either way, we try to give a few bucks here and there and let God sort out those who need it vs the thieves. Anyways, I stopped my boss and told him that the fella started cursing me when I told him I didn't have any cash. That really made the Ol boy hot under the collar and he went off. I politely explained that if he hadn't gone off in the first place, he would have gotten a few bucks and that he should improve his manners and outlook on life. I think he was slightly PO'ed when I left him standing there ranting at me

My brother in law was leaving Wal Mart and a guy had a sign saying " homeless will work for food " . He stopped and told him to get in and I will get you a sandwich then I need someone to help get up hay and I will pay you $x an hour. The guy starting telling him how he had a bad back and couldn't do that. BIL drove off shaking his head.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

We got them around here too. One women has a nicer truck than I do.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

Quote Originally Posted by tlarcher View Post
    Local news crew has caught them working corners all day than walking a mile to their nice vehicle parked at Best Buy. 2 things I wonder. Why people still give them money and why the news crews don't do this every week to educate people!
    Your kidding, right? ever been on a road and there is a sign that says, left lane closed 5 miles ahead, then 4 miles ahead, 3 miles, 2 miles, 1 mile, merge now. 100 foot from the barricades, after passing 50 cars in the right lane------ Mr. Important needs over---- same bleeding heart that gives money to these beggars will let him in.

This is one reason why I don't give any of them any $$$$...
    Greg Haberkorn (Habby)
    2018 Ranger Z521L
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS - 2B738680

18. Member
    Well think about it in simple terms.

5000 cars pass through an intersection each day. 10% of them will stop and give money. Say they only give a Dollar.

That's $500.00 for that day. X that by 5 days and they made $2,500 for the week Tax Free with no record.

Over $100,000 for the year. Have no Boss but themselves. Work when they want to. Who is really the dumb ones here.

19. Member
    My wife had a meeting at a local bank yesterday. I drove her but waited in my truck. I parked near the corner where a guy was begging. I got out and stood leaning against my truck just watching him. You could tell I was making him nervous. About one in five cars would stop and give him money. Finally a cop came and announced over his loudspeaker that he must leave immediately. He picked up all his gear from behind the bank sign and walked away through a shopping center. Never saw him get in a car. He was clean shaven and fairly well dressed. A bulge of cash in his pocket.

20. Member
    My son and I have decided to start keeping can goods in our vehicles to give out to them. Drive by at 35 , 40 mph. and throw them a can of beans!
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast