Thread: X19 Storage

X19 Storage

Looking for some storage solutions and what everyone has done. The center front storage is bothering me in how there is no dividers or anything in there to keep my boxes organized as well as under the seats. I'm interested in what everyone else has done to there's to make this better. I found this picture of an X21 but haven't seen much for the x19.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an x21. Look on the basscat website, the dividers that they sell will work.

http://www.basscatstore.com/fiberpadtackletrays.aspx

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbnaileng View Post
    Looking for some storage solutions and what everyone has done. The center front storage is bothering me in how there is no dividers or anything in there to keep my boxes organized as well as under the seats. I'm interested in what everyone else has done to there's to make this better. I found this picture of an X21 but haven't seen much for the x19.

This is what I did. It is a metal wall rack that I bought at bass pro shop.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

Coonnasty

Cajun Navy 2016
    2000 X21 DC, 225 EFI

5. Member
    Is the storage the same on the older x19?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbnaileng View Post
    Is the storage the same on the older x19?
    Negative. That's the EXACT reason I went looking for a slightly older version of the X19 than the new boat layout (and I can't remember off the top of my head what years were what ....... there has been 3 different front deck layouts over the years) ....... thus why I ended up with a '08.

After seeing how much less storage you guys have in that middle area of the front deck, it tells me 2 things;
    1. I carry A LOT more tackle than you guys do.
    2. I'm starting to understand why I might be having some of the lesser speeds for a 200 that most claim even for a small block-200.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

7. Member
    Mine has a ton of storage in the Middle front storage I'm just trying to figure out the best way to utilize it.

8. Member
    Yea, I know what you mean. The X19 that I first got to ride in was a '15. It was nice, no doubt ........ but I knew that all the tackle I typically carried in my Rangers wasn't going to fit in that area in those newer designed X19's. Basically the older version has 2 'normal' lids running up the middle. The compartment under both lids is all 1 giant compartment that literally runs to the nose of the boat. The front lid has a tray system for holding 4 Plano 3700's. You can unbolt that tray system to make that 'one compartment' join the back one and to access storage up into the nose. Also, the main storage lid compartment is twice as deep as the new boats are (well, not literally ..... but it's definitely noticeable), and it continues that depth up under that front lid as well. Eventually it begins to shallow up as it starts getting into the nose.

I'll see if I can get you some pictures the next time I get her out.

9. Member
    The only picture I can find on my computer of 'under the seats' ........ this is how my '08 X19 'Tournament Series' was. Based on options, my boat was 2 options away from being what was called the 'Limited Edition Series' back then. This was when I first got the boat ..... so this was before water pressure gauge, HDS units, duel trim blinker switches, hot foot, SeaStar Pro hydraulic steering, jackplate lift gauge ...... and whatever else I'm forgetting, LOL.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    The only picture I can find on my computer of 'under the seats' ........ this is how my '08 X19 'Tournament Series' was. Based on options, my boat was 2 options away from being what was called the 'Limited Edition Series' back then. This was when I first got the boat ..... so this was before water pressure gauge, HDS units, duel trim blinker switches, hot foot, SeaStar Pro hydraulic steering, jackplate lift gauge ...... and whatever else I'm forgetting, LOL.

im thinking I'm going to put some dividers in there somehow to help with that. It kills me that Xpress doesn't put a cooler in the front step of the boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    Yea, I know what you mean. The X19 that I first got to ride in was a '15. It was nice, no doubt ........ but I knew that all the tackle I typically carried in my Rangers wasn't going to fit in that area in those newer designed X19's. Basically the older version has 2 'normal' lids running up the middle. The compartment under both lids is all 1 giant compartment that literally runs to the nose of the boat. The front lid has a tray system for holding 4 Plano 3700's. You can unbolt that tray system to make that 'one compartment' join the back one and to access storage up into the nose. Also, the main storage lid compartment is twice as deep as the new boats are (well, not literally ..... but it's definitely noticeable), and it continues that depth up under that front lid as well. Eventually it begins to shallow up as it starts getting into the nose.

I'll see if I can get you some pictures the next time I get her out.
    that would be greatly appreciated!

12. Member
    So I got a chance to get those pictures for you. I know it's not going to help you in how to organize yours, but at least you'll know what the different layout looks like.

Without me looking all the info up, just know that this is a '08 X19 layout. I can't remember what years they started the double deck lid in the middle. Years before the change it was just a single lid. You'll also notice that there is no step-up to aid getting on the front deck like the newest deck design has.

The furthest forward lid. It has a plastic liner that organizes 4x Plano 3700's. You can also remove that liner and it makes that area deeper, and is part of the rear lid area. If removed, it will then be open all the way to the front.

Here is a picture from the back center lid looking forward, you can see the plastic liner/organizer from the front compartment. Basically it's the black plastic tub that the Arm & Hammer odor eliminator is hanging from.

SO, speaking of the rear center lid storage area ..... 'the main tackle storage area' ........ this is what it looks like. You'll notice it's extremely deep. It's actually deeper than the floors for the side rod lockers. The bottom floor where my feet are (next to the consoles) is about 1.5" below the tops of those Plano 3700's standing on their edge. In this picture there are 12 Plano 3700's (1 new style spinnerbait box is under the other one ..... basically all spinnerbaits are in a pile), 1 'Hook-Sinker' box and a old style spinnerbait box (part of that mentioned spinnerbait pile).

Again, talking about how deep that compartment is, you'll notice that's 2x 3700's stacked on top of each other just so show how deep that compartment is.

As you can see ........ there is a ton of room in this particular front deck layout. And based on the tackle I've seen in a lot of X19's, I carry a TON. LOL Besides, I've not even shown my soft plastic storage ...... basically both back storage compartments are slam full. NOW THEN, the rear storage compartments on the new design boats is where I'm jealous ....... you guy's that have the carpeted rear storage compartments have a lot more rear storage than I do. Mine are those plastic tubs with Plano organizers molded in. So I have soft plastics organized in Ziploks to help pack them full.