Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1982 Ranger 350V Full Restoration Project

Original Pics Below

Website with full project and journal
    https://steves1982ranger350vbassboat.shutterfly.com

I am going to start the full electrical system soon. If you have pics, links, ect please share. Enjoy the blood sweat and tears I have invested in...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Status as of 5/22/17

3. Member
    Looks great!

4. Member
    5/23
    Just got the transom assemblies done finally.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    great job looking good
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Looks good, good luck with the rest of it!

7. Member
    What did you use in the bottom of the storage box and the transom area ...it looks good how is it holding up .....need to do something like that to my older Stratos .

8. Member
    Bilgekote brand paint. Was told by the manufacture it will be fine for livewell too. One part product. Paints on very nice and easy. Dries hard with gloss look. Specific for bilge compartment so should be very durable.

9. Member
    5/26 - Made deck drain covers (epoxied 2 together for rigidity) and routed out deck so the covers sit just below deck surface.

10. Member
    Awesome job..

Just make sure you reseal that wood where you counter sunk the drain. The glass on top was what sealed it before and it's nothing more than plywood. Wouldn't hurt to use that bildgekote and give it a good little brushing underneath as well. Ranger did "eh" when they cut those holes and sealing them up and I've replaced two floors in 300 series rangers due to them.

12. Member
    You read my mind. I discovered the underside unprotected when I stripped the floor and could see it flex. I felt under and knew immediately it had minor damage, but could be salvaged with some extra work. The wood is only 3/8", so its already thin and any damage even light can have damage turn significant and spread quick. Today I epoxied about 6 inches around the drain for filling any voids/damage, strengthening and sealing. I will come back, sand and then epoxy sections of custom cut 1/4" backer board (cement board) with the side facing down painted. The combo of epoxy hardened and the stiff cement board should make the deck rock solid. It will be water proof on both sides with crazy strength. When I had stripped and sanded the deck, I rolled on two coats of waterproof epoxy sealant (Gluvit), two primer coats and two coats of the non skid, so I will never have floor problems.

Great work

14. Member
    05/29 - Finished covers with non-skid. Read Journal for tips. Installed cement board with epoxy to underside of platform and deck for sealing and strengthened support. Nephew came through with his long narrow arms that could fit into the 4 inch drain hole and reach 3 foot back to install cement board pieces to underside. No more floor rot ever!

15. Member
    THis looks awesome.

How did you make out with the wiring? I was able to get two wire diagrams from ranger for my '85 Ranger 350v.

I suppose your boat was nice and dry before you attempted all of this?

looks great.....
    Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike

17. Member
    Sorry to those who commented and got no response. I had an injury that took me out for more than a year, lost the fire and just recently started back up on this project to finish it off. To reply to the electrical, it was so bad in my boat I ripped all of it out except for the controller cable that runs to the motor. More to come with a lot of work done since my last post.

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Glad your back and ready to resume the resto project
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

19. Member
    Glad you are back and able to work on your boat!

20. Member
    Thanks fellas. I will try and post new pics of the current work. Been knocking it out pretty fast. Got all electrical done except the fish finder install and the livewell timer switch I am waiting to receive. A couple other mechanical tasks and the trailer to inspect. I may be firing it up tomorrow or Friday for the first time in about 2 years. Electrical work came out stellar. My hydraulic steering is leaking at the dash, so I have to see if there is a rebuild kit or if I need to replace it. Stay tuned...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast