BBC SPONSOR

I need some help making a decision based on owners recommendations

Ranger RT198P with an Evinrude G2 or Mercury 150 pro XS
    VS.
    Crestliner PT20 with a Mercury 200 Pro XS

I am torn between the two. I have always owned fiberglass boats and one tin boat. I enjoy speed but nothing too crazy, if the boat goes 60 I am happy with it. Here is my dilemma. I want a boat that acts like a bass boat but has a lot of room for me, I am 6' tall and have big feet and I want a good amount of room to fish. I fish standing up quite a bit and really enjoy this so plenty of foot room is key.

those of you that have been around these boats, what is your take?

thank you again
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Cannot speak to the Crestliner, but you would not be disappointed by the Ranger. Great fishing platform.

3. Banned
    Crestliner has reports of mid 50's with a TX load.

Motor choice should be based on
    Warranty
    Dealer
    Price

Also when pricing both consider that The Etec G2 comes with options that are extra on the Mercury. Like power steering assist.
    You can order a 150 with out or a 150 HO with power steering assist. If your going to order the Evinrude, talk with sales about leaving the analog gauges off of the boat and installing an Icon digital display at the factory. Much more cleaner install and the digital display has everything you need. The foot pedal option requires this display to be able to change from foot throttle to hand throttle. You can ask any questions you want on the Evinrude boards.
    Last edited by mrc.in.wi; 05-22-2017 at 06:05 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Great info on the G2, had no idea. The G2 seems like an awesome machine but also seems like a much more expensive alternative.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    On the Crestliner Facebook Group this was the update someone posted on the PT20 - I love my pt20! Great boat. With just me in the boat and a light load the boat will run 65. I also have dual power poles. You want power poles if you have the opportunity the boat is huge! And with it being so wide it doesn't draft much water so it blows around in the wind more than a fiberglass boat would.
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH