Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Surprised how many prefers console flush mount graphs.

I keep seeing all the post inquiries on what's the largest size graph that a particular console will accommodate for a flush mount.

With all the mounting options like Precision mounts, BBT, and others I'm quite surprised how many still prefers the flush mount that requires a huge cutout hole sometimes in the fiberglass to accommodate the graph. Then whenever you need or decide to replace it, you have this huge cutout to deal with that probably will need to be a different size with a new graph. I've seen some ugly console pics where there is only a very small frame around the cutout left to try to mount anything to with some having to build up more fiberglass in the cutout to mount a different graph. Consoles with panel systems, where fiberglass doesn't have to be cutout may be different, but you still lose adjustability to see the graph more clearly.

A flush mount may be a little more secure, and have a nicer finished look, but they aren't adjustable, sight lines can be a problem with glare, and steering wheel obstructed views. I'd much prefer my graph mounted on one of the added mounts, with only a couple of holes through the fiberglass or panels to pass cables through.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Banned
    Different strokes for different folks.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Those custom dash mounts are pretty expensive....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Guess so. I just cringe a little when cutting out big holes in boats, that may not work for the next electronics upgrade.

A new mounting plate was just a few bucks for my ranger. I've bought two, made one, and mounted three different graphs in my boat in less than two years. I also mounted surface mount, but I hated it....too much vibration.

Once your finder goes out of style buy the next size up and when that cant be done anymore buy a new boat

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    $400 for a mount+ $50 for a steering wheel spacer. Plus having the graphs more susceptible to sidearm lead through the screen? Or cut a hole and if an upgrade don't fit have a plate made for $20. I'll take $20 all day long

9. Member
    I use to believe in flush mounts but now prefer the BBT bracket at the console. Easier to eliminate glare and I can almost reach the buttons without taking my hand off the wheel.

I still like the bow unit being flush mounted.

10. Member
    Has something to do with security. Not near as likely to be stolen in the dask.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 98skeeter202 View Post
    Has something to do with security. Not near as likely to be stolen in the dask.
    If you mount them with tamper resistant screws, it's even better. I guess someone could pry it out with a crowbar, but that's a different level of criminal.

It all depends on the boat. But I prefer precision sonar style mounting options.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    Agree, but there are now locks made for graphs plus they are easy to remove and take inside with you.

14. Member
    I can't speak for any mounting system other than Ram mount but I like the the graph in the dash...My last boat had the graph on a 2 inch ram mount and running in really rough water my graph had a tendency to move a bit....I was constantly reaching up and tightening the mount.....Don't have to worry about that with flush mount..Maybe completely blowing out the dash..

15. Member
    I like the clean look of a flush mount. Glare hasn't been an issue for me.

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Once your finder goes out of style buy the next size up and when that cant be done anymore buy a new boat
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I like the clean look of a flush mount. Glare hasn't been an issue for me.
    Same here.

18. Banned
    being blocked so much by the steering wheel is a bigger issue IMO

19. Member
    I prefer flush mount and with a 12" in dash not much is blocked by the steering
    wheel. I think it just looks cleaner and up front not in the way getting in an out.

20. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    I much prefer a flush mount as well. More secure and a much cleaner installation. But, then again, I don't have two 12" graphs at the console nor do I ever have any plans to do so.

I also prefer a flush mount at the bow. Again, it's more secure and a cleaner installation plus it's one less thing my clumsy ass can trip over!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast