Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    I have done a lot of work on log homes....If were not for getting paid to do so...I would most definitely feel your pain man...most customers do not realize what this takes and unless they are quite wealthy or quite handy...and do not mind the grueling hours it takes to maintain one and they usually end up regretting their venture. My whole company spent an entire summer working on one in Cleveland,Ga three summers ago. We attached 2x4 rips like shims to the entire exterior, installed sheathing, installed house wrap, installed all new windows and doors with interior jam extensions, then installed Hardie lap and hardie shake with hardie corners and composite fascia and soffit. Then added a 750 sq. ft. addition (two story) gloating 1500 more feet...what a job! We lost count on the dead and live carpenter bees...also replaced the entire roof.
    I have thought about covering mine up or at least part of it.

2. Member
    It was quite the job...especially in the detail spent to cut the 2x4's to get the siding to plane out and not show waves!

3. Member
    Sell house............buy houseboat........the end........LOL

4. Member
    Disagree....just a new beginning!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Disagree....just a new beginning!
    You have got that right. It is totally never ending and double with a houseboat! House upkeep + boat upkeep = Major Headache (Don't ask me how I know, just trust that I do)

6. Member
    Not until you die,or move into an apartment or condo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12