Banned

Trolling Motor Install- Xi5 on Z8

Got an Xi5 trolling motor last week to install on my Z8. My mechanic I use near Barren is covered up the next couple weeks. Was wondering if there is anyone around Bowling Green willing to help install or recommend. Prefer to have someone with experience with installing the electric steer type motors.

2. Member
    Big - While I can't recommend anyone - the install itself is not too bad. With my 2011 Z8 I use the MinnKota Sliding plate to keep the overhang at a minimum during launch and load of the trailer. I did NOT drill any new holes in my hull - but drilled the sliding plate to match the TM and match current mounting holes in my hull (from a Motorguide cable steer). If you are using Lowrance HDS electronics - there was a little bit of an update with them and I believe I messed it up the first time and it was a little bit of a PITA but not too bad. I am on my 3rd season and while a little buggy here/there - I still really like the Xi5 will likely never go back to a NON-GPS TM. If Motorguide comes out with an updated Xi5v2 or their version of a Ultrex I would definitely take a look.

Here's my install thread...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=622125

Just send me note if you have any questions.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360