Sonar thoughts of ZX 250

I currently have HDS 9's. I don't know if I want a 12 in the dash or do I put (2) units side-by-side. I have had HB for 12-years and just not a fan of the Lowrance. Don't want to invest a ton of money since the boat only has 10-hours on it.

Do I just need to buy another HDS 9 and do the side-by-side?

Do i place a Helix 9 at the front (if it fits), and do (2) side-by-side 9's or 10's.

Do I just put a 12 in the dash and sell the other?

Need suggestions and possible pics.

Thanks,

2. Member
    Lowrance is pretty good stuff. I have a 9 in the front and back plus a 7 mounted with a ram mount at the dash to the side, it does all I need it to do.

3. Member
    Having just purchased a new to me 1 year old FX20 from a pro, it was already setup with 4 graphs. 2 in dash HB 9's, bow and console, and 2 ram mounted Lowrance Gen 3 12's, bow and console. His initial reasoning was built around 2 main ideas: 1. The Min Kota Trolling motor interfaces to HB 2. The Structure maps, depending on the lake, can be better on HB sometimes and the Lowrance other times. So you get the best of both systems. The other idea for the ram mounting of the 12's, when I fish in a tournament I face the console 12 to the front and can see the Sonar and Structure scan of what's going on 20 feet behind me and compare to the Sonar and Down Scan on the bow. Found this to be extremely useful. Would I have done this had it already not been on the boat, probably not unless I was thinking about adding more graphs.

4. Member
    I have a 2015 zx250 and I added a second HDS 9 to the console on a side by side Bass Boat Technologies mount. It looks real good and is very functional and solid, looks factory. I also added the Bass Boat Technologies mount to the deck so it raised up and not flush mounted anymore. The flush mount just isn't user friendly, too much glare and to change any settings with it flush mounted you had to get down on your hands and knees to push the buttons.