What'd ehler say?

He said that His spot lock was great on his ultrex but in the next sentence he said he couldn't fish his best spot as was too windy and couldn't hold on it? Did i mishear him or was it a big "sponsor plug" gone wrong?
    I own an ultrex and was confused by his comment...
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Banned
    Sound like you heard what he said.

yes it can be so windy that your trolling motor on highest setting can't hold you on the spot even if you have spot lock.
    Ranger Forever

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    yes it can be so windy that your trolling motor on highest setting can't hold you on the spot even if you have spot lock.
    Yep that is a fact for sure and it ain't no fun.....Sounds like he told the honest truth based on his personal experience which is very refreshing in this day and time

5. Member
    I believe I heard him say that the wind was so bad that it would blow the front of his boat around even with his talons down and the spot lock helped him in this situation.

6. Member
    the wind was blowing he was just being honest, but covered it with saying that he even in shallow water it helped him with his talons down. for those that say its not needed in shallow water.

7. Member
    It's not a slam on the ultrex, doesn't matter what TM you have if the wind is blowing so hard it's power can't overcome it. It had everything to do with thrust and not spot lock.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

"everything to do with thrust and not spot lock" She is lying to make you feel good about yourself..... JK

And if you have never been to Rayburn, then you dont understand the wind on that lake.

10. Member
    I was at Toledo Bend a few miles away, and there is no way one could hold in open water with the wind that was blowing.

Spot lock doesnt mean unlimited thrust...its going to have its limitations. My ultrex was struggling last week at Amistad...25mph and gusting. It was holding but it was swinging around pretty good and using alot of thrust. I know i couldn't have stayed out there for a full day..batteries wouldnt make it.

12. Member
    You mean a 112lb thrust trolling motor won't increase to 162lb thrust if needed when it's windy?

Can't believe Minn Kota hasn't fixed that yet.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BADAZZTRITON View Post
    And if you have never been to Rayburn, then you dont understand the wind on that lake.
    Worst beating in a bass boat that I've ever experienced.