Question 2003 225 efi giving me 4 beeps every 2 minutes

guys im getting 4 beeps on my 2003 225 efi 3.0 litre. i have researched it and have checked the oil tank and reservoir and both are good. i have also dumped the water filter twice but really dont see any water in the fuel. does anyone have any suggestions on what i can check or do. info appreciated!!!!

When you checked the oil tank, did you only visually make sure it was full, or did you bypass the float switch?

It is possible the reservoir to be full, but the float still malfunction. The switch must be bypassed (jumped) to confirm or rule that out.
    2001 Mercury Optimax 225
    0T344965
    2000 Mercury ELPTO 125
    0T072885

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    guys im getting 4 beeps on my 2003 225 efi 3.0 litre. i have researched it and have checked the oil tank and reservoir and both are good. i have also dumped the water filter twice but really dont see any water in the fuel. does anyone have any suggestions on what i can check or do. info appreciated!!!!
    I have a 99 Opti and it did the same thing. Turned out to be the water sensor attached to the bottom of the fuel filter on the engine. I unplugged the sensor for about 5 minutes of run time and the beeps went away. Hooked it back up, beeps started again. Replaced the sensor and no issues since. Does yours do it while idling or only underway? Mine would only beep while underway at higher RPMs.

4. Member
    How old is the filter?

replaced filter last year.

6. Member
    Water sensor at bottom of fuel/water separator or oil tank under cowling. Mine was recently the oil tank.