Thread: 18 foot pontoon

Banned

18 foot pontoon

Hey guys, I'm looking for an 18' pontoon boat for our neighborhood lake. We have an 18 foot boat/90 HP limit. I'd like an 18 footer that has enough power to pull the kids on a tube. How much power should I be looking for and does anyone know of one for sale the fits my needs within a few hours from central North Carolina? Thanks in advance.

How big are the kids and how wild do you want to pull them? Used to pull my son when he was little behind a 22 footer with a 50 or 60. Couldn't really whip him around but that was ok at the time. Wouldn't be now. Good thing the grandparents upgrade the toon to one with a 115. I'd get the max HP I could.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Banned
    You may be out of luck on finding a 18 foot pontoon with a capacity for more than 60 hp. And that size engine is just not very strong for towing skiers or tubers.

The Suntracker 18' takes up to a 75. That will pull a tube it just depends on how crazy you want to get with it. I bet it can pull a skier too. Heck, I learned to ski behind a 14' jon boat with a 25. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Banned
    Thanks guys, the girls are 9 and 5 right now. Can't get too crazy because the lake is on about 35 acres.