Ultrex is amazing

So went fishing yesterday on Grand lake in a tournament. Lake is flooded and I pitched/flipped until my arm about quit.

Saw an area that look promising (five other boats went that direction) and still nothing. But noticed on sonar, lots of fish activity.

Proceed to catch white bass on every cast for over an hour.

The Ultrex kept me in 22ft of water right on the spot i need to stay at. WOW!

Yes I realize that white bass did not count but I had enough of no fish so proceeded to just have fun fishing!

The Ultrex is the real deal.
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

2. Member
    Even though I'm on my second unit, I still think it is the cat's meow. Love all the features!

3. Member
    On my number 2 ultrex. Lov it when it works

4. Member
    Good to hear. Leaning this way as opposed to anchors since I don't have the budget for both, and it would be best to keep the weight off the back of my boat. Currently have a Fortrex, hows the Ultrex bolt pattern compare to a Fortrex? I had to shift my Fortrex forward some to keep it from hitting the cap when deploying/retratcing, does the Ultrex had a much shorter base?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Good to hear. Leaning this way as opposed to anchors since I don't have the budget for both, and it would be best to keep the weight off the back of my boat. Currently have a Fortrex, hows the Ultrex bolt pattern compare to a Fortrex? I had to shift my Fortrex forward some to keep it from hitting the cap when deploying/retratcing, does the Ultrex had a much shorter base?
    I am not sure. If had to choose between anchors or ultrex, it would be difficult. Typically for me, if I am in water shallow enough for poles (7.5ft or less) then the Ultrex would be a bad idea as it would disturb the water where I am casting. The Ultrex is great for deeper water and for a lot of place poles cannot be used. I do use it often for simply keeping me in position so I can retie or simply move around in the boat.

But not a replacement for anchors IMO.
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

6. Member
    Gonna depend on your fishing habits...LOL Great TM for me but don't fish a lot of tournaments and don't (can't) have power poles but it does have some limitations. One scenario would be spot fishing shallow in windy or current conditions...the bow is going to swing into the wind and TM keeps moving to hold position so not as stealthy as power poles. The other would be trying to fish heavy cover in shallow water and wind or current conditions...like trying to throw a jig in a tight hole of reeds/cover. If fishing with a back seater need to hope the wind is blowing the right way especially using spot-lock...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow