Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kyle Busch? Never heard of her.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

I tired to keep watching. When they went to all the same horsepower, I through in the towel.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

What's a kyle bush ?? Is that like the crabs ?

4. Moderator
    I lived and breathed it for years, I literally could not name 10+ current drivers. They lost me during the races when it was won by conserving fuel I wanted to be the announcer and yell "look at keslowski hes coasting out of turn 3" " I think he just shut it down coming out of turn 4" wow he's coasting to the win.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BumpTheStump View Post
    didn't even remember there was a race on last night
    +1

6. robdy72
    Nothing like it used to be a few years ago haven't watched in about 3 years.

7. robdy72
    Its so bad you don't even hear people making fun of Danica for finishing 37th every race when she actually finished.

8. Member
    I haven't watched in over 20 yrs. I was a huge NASCAR fan back in the Davey Allison, Dale Sr., Dale Jarret days. When it was Winston cup.
    Its pretty much crap now.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    All over but the Crying :)

10. Member
    I like(d) NASCAR but this was a dull race, and trying to inspire more interest they threw in gumball tires that did not live up to the hype. Get back to short tracks and road racing.
    The cars are going faster, but cruising at 190 is still cruising.

don't even see many slot car sets for sale at toy's r US either! Kites either, all drones now a days

12. Member
    That new Toyota commercial where the guy is buying a new camry and Jan says "thats what the Nascar drivers use" and the guy says "yes I know". Then he drives sort of fast to his parking spot outside his office building. Goes inside and moves Hamlins car picture over so he can see his car.

I saw that and said "that's not even the same car you idiot, they are all the same now just have different headlight stickers on".

And that is the death of NASCAR. Once every car looked the same and you couldn't tell which one was a chevy, ford, or GASP Toyota. Used to be if you were a Chevy Fan you could go buy a Monte Carlo at the dealership and it was the same car shell your driver had, only his had been changed to add a roll cage and beefed up.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    NASCAR hasn't been the same since Earnhardt was killed at Daytona. Still watch most of the races. But NASCAR leadership has just about killed it. I mean Kyle Bush had to set out about 8 races a couple years ago. And comes back and wins the Championship. No way No how that should happen.
    I'm the same way. When Earnhardt died, it changed, and it's never been the same.

14. Member
    I think all the money pushed out the personalities who made it so much fun. I remember hearing about how the drivers used to also help work on the cars back in the shop. And that's not going that far back; Bill Elliott is one I remember being mentioned. Now it's all done by engineers and computers.

I also think that the sponsors are looking for an attractive driver who can speak well to promote a product as much as they value driving ability. Those who are the total package get larger sponsors and end up on larger teams where they get the best equipment. If all you have is ability, you end up on a smaller team trying to win without the big fancy shop.

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    There was a race last night??

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    don't even see many slot car sets for sale at toy's r US either! Kites either, all drones now a days
    Missing the Lawn Darts and Clacker balls!!!!

17. Member
    The open race before the All Star race was some good racing. Elliott, Blaney, and Eric Jones put on a heck of a show. But, the all star race put me out like a light..

If you did watch any of the races, you would see why Kyle is the best that ever drove a race car.

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Turn left turn left turn left..hey watch this Iam going to turn right!

20. Member
    Restrictor plate certainly restricted nascar appeal in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast