Thread: Florida trip

Florida trip

Headed to Orlando area July 15-22. Dragging the boat. Wife and girls spending a couple of days at Disney. We are staying in Kissimmee. We had planned on going to Okeechobee and fishing around Kissimmee area. Anyone interested in going out for a day or evening? Son and I have no idea where to fish.

2. Member
    Honestly i would look at getting a guide for one or two days. With the current lake levels much of the lake (unless you wanna fish the rim ditch or offshore) is unfishable and the risk for tearing your boat up is high if you dont know where to run. If we dont get alot of rain it's only gonna get much lower by july. Lake is dropping about 3 inches per week right now, most of the grass lines are in water 1-18 inches deep. Many other lakes are also reporting very low water conditions. Just a thought...

3. Member
    If you want to go to the stick marsh. I a sure we can find some fish for you and your son. Let me know.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firemech048 View Post
    If you want to go to the stick marsh. I a sure we can find some fish for you and your son. Let me know.
    That would be fun for sure.

5. Member
    Cool let's set something up. I am a firefighter you can call or text me at 407-466-3679 we will set something up. Hopefully get you and your son a few of those pigs the stick marsh is famous for!
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

6. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    west lake toho, and east lake toho are right there. probably some good morning fishing to be had in both . east lake is a great night fishing lake imo.