Ramp status update thread

Guys with all the rain I thought this might be a good idea. I'm going to try to hit Okemah tmrw so I'll let y'all know the ramp status. Update on lakes you all are visiting as I am not sure of a place tells you this info.

Thx
    Danny

2. Member
    Good thread last weekend only ramp open at skiatook was blackdog, and it was no the main ramp.

3. Member
    Ok today I went to Okemah lake first and chose not to launch. The ramp was open but having no experience on that lake I chose to play it safe. There were 20 trailers or so in the lot.
    I decided to make the drive to Dripping Springs, and it was worse. There were 3 trailers in the lot but I don't know how they launched.
    Went up the road to Okmulgee, the ramps were fine there. Lake is fishing plumb full and stained but still managed a few and one nice one.

Stay safe all
    danny
    Last edited by Bitman; 05-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Confused Bitman. You said you went to Okemah and didn't launch then said you went to Okemah and it was fine. Is that a typo?
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    I'm guessing okmulgee

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    Confused Bitman. You said you went to Okemah and didn't launch then said you went to Okemah and it was fine. Is that a typo?
    I talked with the ranger yesterday and he said both ramps are open. On the newer ramp there is about 6 inches of water going over the road to get to it. Im planning on going Tuesday or Wednesday so I can give an accurate update of Okemah

7. Member
    Yes Okemah is open. I did try to type okmulgee and I guess my iPad didn't like it. Sorry

Okemah open but dock walk ways under water.
    Dripping springs very flooded but a few had launched.
    Okmulgee open and in pretty good shape.

Thx

8. Member
    Fished Okemah earlier solid 4.5 hrs never got bit. Lake level is definitely up. Old dam is 60% covered by water. Debris in the lake is minimal. Just be cautious and any of you will be fine.

9. Member
    Heard keystone jackpot went out of prairie view today guessing it's open

10. Member
    Does anyone know if there are any campgrounds on Ft. Gibson open that have ramps open, too?

11. Member
    Foss is as high as I ever saw it 30 or so foot above ramp, no boat out except those that stay docked.