Out of Towner Boat Ramp Options.

Allright...any help is greatly appreciated. Heading up to St. Clair in a couple of weeks, have fished it many times. This time, theres gonna be a few older guys, not as nimble and spry as they used to be. A couple of them have voiced concerns about making long runs on rough water. We are staying up in Clay Township/Bouvier Bay, I have not fished that part of the lake at all:

1. Any common fishing holes, similar to the mile roads, up in that area?
    2. Will there be anything going on in the river this time of year? Camped in Algonac last summer, saw quite a few boats fishing the river (walleye?), but just drove down to Crocker and bass fished.
    3. What's our best option to keep boat ramp fees to a minimum? There will be 4 or 5 boats launching each day, and I understand there is an annual pass that can be bought, but it is not available to non-residents?

Will trade Darters and Gobys for waypoints!...lol

Kirk

2. dartag1829
    Go to Harley Ensign Ramp at the end of South River Road. Easy Lake access. Go South West to the Mile Roads. Look for the big tower at 9 mile road. Fish from there north anywhere from 4 to 10 feet of water. If the water is clear look for rocks and drop shot a Darter. If it is dirty drag a tube. That should do it.

3. Member
    It's not that far of a run from Harley to the mile roads...You can launch out of LSC metropark and be even closer but there is a fee...
    There are plenty of fish in Anchor bay and around the moots also..
    There are always fish in the river but that action usually doesn't get going until the water temps warm up in the middle of summer..

4. idbefishing
    I just want to say that you make some awesome smallies baits. Largemouth love the DS Darter too.
    As far as Bouvier Bay, I don't know about any community hole but there is an area that I saw several boats stopped at, myself included. It is real obvious if you look on the map. I went there yesterday to get out of the east wind and to my surprise, not too many boats there. First time in that area myself. I marked a couple spots where I caught fish but I'd feel guilty taking a pack of darters from you because they ain't anything to brag about.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!