Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    721 will be faster than the Triton. You don't get the HP hull in anything under the 21 TrX.

2. Member
    The Triton is a couple of inches wider at the seat pedestal than a 721, and a couple of inches narrower than the 920. The 721 has a longer deck than either of the other two.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    I just went through this process of looking at a 920, 721 and Triton. I ended up with a LOADED 721, and it was the best decision I could have made. The front deck is plenty big, the storage is incredible and it rides like a friggin cadillac in big waves. If you end up going Phoenix, check out the board here. A lot of good recommendations that helped me out. I came out of a Triton, and it definitely takes a little time to "learn" to drive the 721, but after 10 hours I feel very comfortable in it. And, as others have mentioned, the customer service is second to none. I lost a windshield, and a cupholder, and Tim over at Phoenix got FREE replacements to me in 2 days before a tournament. I'd go Phoenix and never look back.

Thanks tmoney....

4. Member
    That triton xs hull is $$ in rough water, but the 721 is faster. A good dealer nearby is priority number one, but after that, consider what and how you fish as well. Then it's your preference. I rode in a lot of boats and this one is a toss up for me. Good luck, and I wouldn't worry about the Triton issues. There's about 250 Triton owners right now who are super pleased with their customer service after a problem was caught. I feel like some of the major issues came from the JM purchase and the transitional phase of moving to a new factory, but that the quality is coming back. Hard to say if that is true yet, just an impression now.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    I'm a bit biased, because I've been told that the closest in ride and handling to a Champion is a Phoenix, and I have a Champ. For me personally, the biggest thing I don't like about the Triton is what some people really like - the single large lid in the middle. I'd rather have 2 lids. Most of it is personal preference.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

I think the Tritons have gotten their issue figured out.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

7. Member
    On my short list - Phoenix, ranger and basscat... I think the 721 is a great package.

8. Member
    Phoenix

9. Member
    I demoed pretty much every 20ft boat made before buying my 920. I don't agree that triton has quality issues lately. I actually think the trx is my favorite boat they've made. That being said, I would chose the phoenix over them all day. Out of all the boats I demoed the legend v20 was my favorite. Once I factored in price the phoenix became the winner by a longshot.

Can't go wrong with either. The Phoenix will have better resale due to the damand right now for them IMO.

11. Member
    I have had a 721 for 4 years, love it. Never owned a Triton but rode in a 20TRX last year on Toledo as a co, not sure whether it was the boat or the driver, but he beat the crap out of me.

I fish alone a lot and feel safe in my 721, front deck size has never bothered me, storage out the wazoo, and the package deals are pretty sweet.

Both good boats, but I am a little biased!
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

12. Member
    It's a toss up between these two. Fit and finish is pretty much equal. Almost everything is equal. You'll just have to decide if you prefer the speed/ride afforded via the narrow front deck of the Phoenix, or the additional fishing comfort provided via the wide front deck of the Triton. It's just a form factor thing.

13. Member
    Both are good brands but triton will be gone soon wink wink. I have no assets with pheonix but they appear to be selling a ton of boats.
    2013 Skeeter ZX20, 250 SHO
    26 pitch Turbo FXP

14. Member
    welp, after this weekend i have made my mind up...
    Phoenix will be the way I go. will either be a 721or 920...

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by E5Zero View Post
    I have had a 721 for 4 years, love it. Never owned a Triton but rode in a 20TRX last year on Toledo as a co, not sure whether it was the boat or the driver, but he beat the crap out of me.

I fish alone a lot and feel safe in my 721, front deck size has never bothered me, storage out the wazoo, and the package deals are pretty sweet.

Both good boats, but I am a little biased!
    Chances are it was the driver. I've had mine in some real nasty stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12