Loomis GLX894 JWR Green Model--BAD Reel Seat

I have a Loomis GLX 894 JWR Split Grip ( Green Model ) that has a bad reel seat ( will not tighten down on reel--keeps turning ). Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks Mike

Send it in to G Loomis for a repair. If they can't repair it under warranty, they will replace it with the newer model, which in my opinion is a significant upgrade. Here is a link:

G Loomis Warranty Page

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Send it in to G Loomis for a repair. If they can't repair it under warranty, they will replace it with the newer model, which in my opinion is a significant upgrade. Here is a link:

G Loomis Warranty Page
    Great advice right here.

4. Banned
    Agreed, some early ones had bad glue...it will be replaced no problemo

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Was hoping to fix--I like the rod.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Z19 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Was hoping to fix--I like the rod.
    You can most likely fix it or get it fixed locally. I would send it in, the new GLX is much nicer in my opinion.

7. Member
    If the reel nut pops free when it starts to get right, back the nut all the way off the reel seat. Then wrap the threads on the reel seat with 1 layer/wrap of electrical tape. Then screw the reel nut back down and the nut will lock down now. If having electrical tape on your rod is not an issue to you.

Another way is to remove the reel nut and replace with a new one. If it is a conventional guide rod, all of the guides will have to be taken off to put a new nut on. Which in this case it would be better just to warranty it and get the new model.

If it is a micro guide rod, the reel nut should be able to slide over all the guides and be replaced with another reel nut (the stripper guide may need to be removed to get the reel nut off but the rest of the guides it should slide right over).

8. Member
    Tried the electrical tape and it seemed to work. Reel seat tightens down now. Have not used it yet, hopefully it holds up? Thanks Mike