Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    It's N A T U R A L...man...how can it hurt you???

Crocs, venomous reptiles/arachnids/insects, large carnivorous mammals, great whites, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, erupting volcanoes, hippos, elephants, cape buffalo...well we get the idea.

Last I checked, these are all listed as N A T U R A L as well...man....
    Last edited by dragon1; 05-19-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Spelling...sorry, I was puffin' my reefer! LMAO

2. Member
    By this account alcohol would be the main gateway drug.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Or even if there was approval, it's still illegal given the strict usage guidelines for medical marijuana. If you are not the patient, it's illegal for you to ingest it.
    I'm pretty sure ALL Narcotics fall under this same guidelines.

Hey Tom....need/want some.....XXXXX?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Marijuana is a gateway drug to more potent stuff. You liked that relaxed, warm and fuzzy feeling you got from it the first time and don't see any harm in it. Next, you'll be looking for a more relaxed and fuzzier feeling. To attain that, you'll need something stronger say, meth or crack. Before you know it, you'll be hooked, and a regular user. Happens to hundreds of people every day. Why do you think there is an opioid epidemic today? Because users always need something better/stronger to get the same warm-n-fuzzy feeling they used to get with the weaker stuff. Go ahead and head down that road if you want to. You're old enough to know better - and to accept the consequences.

I don't drink, and don't have a wife (occupational hazard of being a career Marine). If this makes me self-riotous then so be it. Drugs are not tolerated in the Marine Corps so that's where my attitude comes from.
    It's not always a drug problem it seems to be a dysfunction of society. Why do people takes drugs for the most part?....Mostly to cover up mental pain and feelings of inadequacy and when we live a materialistic world it's hard not to feel inadequate.
    It's not as simple as banning certain drugs to fix the real problem....if a drug is not available that angst is dealt with or it's funneled into other areas. Could be as simple as a workaholic and that in itself can be damaging to yourself or family unit as you're just helping raise kids that will most likely continue that circle and your kids may not become a workaholic but a alcoholic.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

5. Banned
    I just love the direction that all of these kind of threads head..... never mind the legality, it's almost as safe as petting a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimoh View Post
    I will preface this by saying I'm an old guy 63 years old.Growing up I was always pretty straight laced never smoked cigarettes or pot and the only drugs I ever did was in my early 20s. Took a little speed for a short period of time. Well my oldest stepson was home a couple weeks ago and he brought this small 5" diameter tin with 10 small pieces of chocolate in it. Each piece of chocolate contained 10 mg. of medical marijuana. I thought what the hell. Turns out it was a pretty pleasant experience. Made me nice and relaxed with a warm fuzzy feeling. I really can't see any harm in it.
    So, you're 63 years old and you're bragging about trying some Mary Jane that youre stepson brought home? I would be so proud to call you dad or grandpa. I bet you can't wait until someone in the family goes to the doc and gets prescribed an opioid.

7. Member

I don't drink, and don't have a wife (occupational hazard of being a career Marine). If this makes me self-riotous then so be it. Drugs are not tolerated in the Marine Corps so that's where my attitude comes from.
    I hope you have the will power to stay away from chemical stimulants also.
    Coffee is a gateway to energy drinks then the next thing you know you are doing speed.

http://www.atour.com/health/docs/20000617a.html

Caffeine is defined as a drug because it affects the central nervous system. It is categorised as a stimulant drug because caffeine speeds up production of nerve impulses.
    2005 Bass tracker pt 185
    2005 Merc Optimax 90 1.5L

8. Member
    Moderation is key, as is the user (individuals react to drugs/alcohol different as we know) and the purpose for the use - whether recreational or medicinal. This said, I can't tell you how many spoiled, rude, asswipe teenagers in my area, speed/drive recklessly and are just typical jerks on the road, while openly and defiantly smoking weed in their automobiles.

Worse of all, the coppers very rarely give a rat's arse that these kids are out there doing this. My take is that there is a lot more revenue to be made on alcohol related arrests with attorneys, courts, state fines, etc., than with cannabis.

Societal issues aside, abuse of drugs, alcohol or any other substance can only exacerbate the situation.

9. Member
    Did you actually read the article? Shouldn't be used by anyone under the age of 25. It also stated that it may lead to use of other drugs in social situations or in the case of unemployment. What the heck else is a gateway drug?

Did you really think that people use drugs because they make you feel bad? They make you feel good when your life otherwise can't make you feel good. At 63 you can do what you want but at least go buy some and smoke it and not take another persons medical marijuana.

10. Member
    Marijuana is a gateway drug to more potent stuff. You liked that relaxed, warm and fuzzy feeling you got from it the first time and don't see any harm in it. Next, you'll be looking for a more relaxed and fuzzier feeling. To attain that, you'll need something stronger say, meth or crack. Before you know it, you'll be hooked, and a regular user. Happens to hundreds of people every day. Why do you think there is an opioid epidemic today? Because users always need something better/stronger to get the same warm-n-fuzzy feeling they used to get with the weaker stuff. Go ahead and head down that road if you want to. You're old enough to know better - and to accept the consequences.

Gotta disagree with you on this. I have friends from college that smoked then (early 90s) and still do it now and others quit. I don't know a single one that took up heroin... I personally know injured vets I've met at the va who are addicted to heroin. Everyone of them was legally prescribed strong painkillers at first. They weren't looking to get high or a buzz; they were looking for relief from chronic pain. Not all who take OxyContin became junkies. When my back is killing me, I take it for a few days up to several weeks and can quit without issue.

I think many folks who are interested in "getting high" were fooled by our government. When I was a kid, they (the government/school and tv commercials) drilled it in our heads that all drugs were equally as bad and lead you to destruction. Turns out, that was bullshit. I think many who tried weed and found it wasn't so bad, may have tried the stronger drugs thinking the same and get hooked.

11. Member
    I just love the direction that all of these kind of threads head..... never mind the legality, it's almost as safe as petting a puppy.
    better than an older Lady trying to buy her Step-Son a new handgun @ Bas Pro Shops though

12. Member
    Lol you guys must have taken the movie Reefer Madness to heart. It is a proven fact that marijuana is much safer than alcohol.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    better than an older Lady trying to buy her Step-Son a new handgun @ Bas Pro Shops though
    Maybe she was supporting her grass habit?

14. Member
    Humorous movies have portrayed pot smokers as generally fun loving, harmless people with little motivation in life. Real pot heads are likely a different matter all together although most do demonstrate no motivation except to smoke more Pot.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

15. Member
    Lol you guys must have taken the movie Reefer Madness to heart. It is a proven fact that marijuana is much safer than alcohol.
    Are you still here? I thought you'd be under an overpass selling your body for another hit by now!?
    2005 Bass tracker pt 185
    2005 Merc Optimax 90 1.5L

16. Member
    I just love the direction that all of these kind of threads head..... never mind the legality, it's almost as safe as petting a pit bull puppy.
    Now you've gone and done it!!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

17. Banned
    For a guy that just took his first hit, you sure do know an awful lot about it. Lot of reading?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    Humorous movies have portrayed pot smokers as generally fun loving, harmless people with little motivation in life. Real pot heads are likely a different matter all together although most do demonstrate no motivation except to smoke more Pot.
    There's where you are wrong. There are many successful people in all walks of life that use marijuana just as there are many successful people that drink alcohol

19. Member
    I've been out mowing, has anyone opened the bar yet? Hell I use nicotine, caffeine, metmucil, and probably a couple others that slip my old mind at this moment.

You guys realize you can be addicted to anything including sex don't you? What's the gateway for sex addiction, soap?

As far as I'm concerned what a man does in his home is his biz. Once his choices affects someone else THEN he should be held accountable for the consequences for those choices. I've known MANY people that had FAR worse issues with legal pills and alcohol that "illegal" mary jane. IMO It's nothing more than a farce to suck up tax dollars for a war on drugs that cost tax payers untold trillions with pitiful results. Hell American even have to import hemp product. What a shame.

Thank goodness we still have freedom of speech!

20. Member
    For a guy that just took his first hit, you sure do know an awful lot about it. Lot of reading?
    I'm very knowledgeable on a lot of subjects.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast