I know they are there

I know the 3 lb speckled trout are there, cause I caught them yesterday, but I just cant pick them out on SI, or 2D sonar. Si set at 70 ft. any suggestions ?? 15 ft deep by an oil rig with pebbles and smaller rocks and debris on bottom. Bottom lock ?, turn up sensitivity on fish ID ? its a Helix 9 mega. thanks everybody.

Use a SI range of three times the depth so fish are displayed larger. You will have 1/3 of each side as the water column and 2/3 on each side as the bottom.

Reduce the SI sensitivity enough so the fish (light streaks) are not blended in with the bottom.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Use a SI range of three times the depth so fish are displayed larger. You will have 1/3 of each side as the water column and 2/3 on each side as the bottom.

Reduce the SI sensitivity enough so the fish (light streaks) are not blended in with the bottom.
    Thanks Wayne, I did that as well as zoom in on the bottom, in the 15ft that I fish in, with the DI by using upper and lower range settings, and that helped greatly, then the whole machine locked up ! couldn't turn it on or off. had to unplug it. Called Humminbird, and they said try it on a dedicated battery. I did, and nothing. Sent it to them just now. Helix 9 mega.

4. Member
    Both of mine lock up like that on occasion and I have to unplug on back.