Wanting to try a Promax prop

Anybody in Ky willing to let me try their promax? Looking for a 27 to 28p and willing to let you hold my bravo hostage while i do it. Figured it would be out of good faith. I'm located in carlisle ky but willing to make a drive. Thanks
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

2. Member
    Too bad you're so far away, I have a 28p Promax with 4 vent holes, would like to try a Bravo, sorry

Come down to arkansas sometime. Between me and bullet250 i bet we have your dream prop and id bet it wont be a promax on that 20

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    That's a great idea alli!!! You're right we probably do!!

5. Member
    What do you fellas recommend? My best prop i run now which is a stock bravo1xs 28p. It does everything i need and has pushed me to 84mph. I did try a hydro recently and it was awesome as well but had a cracked blade and my buddy wouldn't part with it. Have ran a turbo and didn't like it. Promax is a prop that I'm just curious to try. Really only looking for a spare to keep around. My bravo is my main fishing wheel

6. Member
    If you just need a spare, why don't you just get another used Bravo like you have?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    If you just need a spare, why don't you just get another used Bravo like you have?
    I have considered that but I want to at least try the promax before i spend anymore coin. Would also like to try a razor4xl

I got a razor 4xl 27p it's pitch like a bravo 28 u are welcome to try out and willing to meet you at Cincinnati bass pro if you want to try it or I can meet u at the Ohio river and we can run the boats if you want pm me if anything sounds appealing.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

9. Member
    My lab finish pro max ran 82-83 Saturday with me and a partner, 53 gallons of gas, and a heavy HEAVY tackle load.
    By myself with 30 gallons of gas it is 90+
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

Quote Originally Posted by rock2033 View Post
    My lab finish pro max ran 82-83 Saturday with me and a partner, 53 gallons of gas, and a heavy HEAVY tackle load.
    By myself with 30 gallons of gas it is 90+
    Did you ever try a non lab finish for comparison?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    on my other boat, yes. 3-4 mph

There are 3 or 4 guys down here with the same setup as my current and it is 3-4 mph difference.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

12. Member
    My 27 promax does everything well, butt hole shot. 92@6300ish. The lighter the boat the less the promax spools up. I use it for lite load fishing solo because the hole shot sux with two loaded. Its worked by Matt in Texas. A 29 bravo is my everyday prop.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacj View Post
    My 27 promax does everything well, butt hole shot. 92@6300ish. The lighter the boat the less the promax spools up. I use it for lite load fishing solo because the hole shot sux with two loaded. Its worked by Matt in Texas. A 29 bravo is my everyday prop.
    may need to plug your holes.
    I have all 4 plugged it does fine.
    We couldn't haven been any heavier tis past weekend lol. My partner brought wayyyy too much stuff.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS