Thread: Ultrex problem

Ultrex problem

Just got my ultrex today and dealer mounted it. He was out of plugs so I went to the house and got mine and put on it once I got to lake. Plugged it up and blue power light comes on it that's it. It is still in the stored position. Does it have a safety relay or some thing that won't let it run in stowed position. If not any suggestions on what mY be wrong with it. Th

Won't run in stored position.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Thanks! Just went and deployed it about half way and it works. Fishing Toledo bend tomorrow with 12-15 mph winds bx so I guess I will test it out. Thanks again!

Let us know how it works out for you!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

My first experience with it was good. Fished Toledo bend main lake with about an 15 mile an hour wind with no problems. Had a few waves come across the top of the trolling motor at times when the bow would drop. As best I could tell the spot lock held me consistently in one spot. As long as I don't have mechanical issues like some of the other people I am well satisfied.

I fished lake st Clair this week in 15 mph winds with gusts in the mid 20's and some pretty solid waves - some of which made it from the bow to the console while spotlocked. The ultrex allowed me to fish and not spend all day on the TM. Drifted until bit and then spotlock and jog to work the area. Awesome tool.

Minor downside is that spotlock will always swing you bow into the wind. This also puts your bow into the waves versus quartering the waves so you end up with a bit wetter feet than I'm used to on windy days.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex