Ultrex...broken transducer cable, need some advice

I had this Ultrex installed when the boat was built. It looks to me that there was not enough slack in the cable and some how it got cut. I was trying to use spot lock and every time the motor head would spin to the right it would beep and then shut off. I thought maybe it was the foot control after reading up on it. I tried it a few more times and then it started working perfectly, it was then that I noticed the cut transducer cable. The Ultrex works great now since the cable is not impeding it. I don't know if I should blame myself for not catching the improper rigging or the people who installed it this way. The boat manufacturer is replacing the cable as a warranty item so I'm pleased with that especially at the cost of a Helix Mega Side imaging transducer.
    I have added some pictures and I hope someone with experience on installing the Ultrex can give me some suggestions on what to change so this doesn't happen again.Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is what I have done to protect the wires
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

3. Member
    From your pictures I would say the cable probably was cut when you lifted the trolling motor to drop into water .Look at installation instructions as to how you should have installed the wiring your isn't installed correctly after passing through the coiled wire, should have a loop.