2014 Mercury 150 pro xs alarm

Monday running back to ramp a solid alarm went off for about 5 seconds. I was running about 5000 rpm. I slowed down, made sure it was peeing and took off again. Alarm didn't go back off. I googled as much as I could and kept getting oil issue. Main oil tank is over half full, reservoir is full. I took it out yesterday and the alarm went off seconds after cranking at idle. I ran it and alarm never went off after getting on plane. I cranked it twice more and seconds after running at idle solid alarm and then nothing after takeoff. Put it back on trailer went home. I have no problem taking it to mechanic. Issue is I don't have one close and it's a 2 week wait. Friend of mine has a 2017 250 mercury and has had trash get in his thermostat twice this year. He took out the thermostat and cleaned the trash out. Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Member
    need to have scanned on cds or ddt to see whats occurring solid horn is critical fault
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Just my .02 but you need to have it checked and repaired asap. The PCM can and will track when an alarm occurred and that you kept running it afterward. This would be considered abuse and could void your warranty.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

4. Member
    ^^^^^^ agree
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................