Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    A boat salesman at Clark Marine told me that a guy won that spro only tournament on guntersville 2 years in a row putting a heavy tungsten weight in front of the frog and punching the grass with it. The outlawed it once they found out how he was winning. LOL pretty smart if you ask me.

2. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I I use to add BB's or weights to the Frog. A Frog is a Frog no matters what it has eatten......lol.. I think its a Good Idea.... How Big do the Bass get in Spring Lake ??

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I I use to add BB's or weights to the Frog. A Frog is a Frog no matters what it has eatten......lol.. I think its a Good Idea.... How Big do the Bass get in Spring Lake ??
    there are some 7 and 8 lbers, I have heard that some 9s and 10s have been caught, never saw any pics.

Quote Originally Posted by basscubs1 View Post
    there are some 7 and 8 lbers, I have heard that some 9s and 10s have been caught, never saw any pics.
    We had a couple pushing 7 pounds at our tournament there on 6/4. One was 22" long and was caught on the South lake and one was 21.75 inches long on the North lake.

5. Member
    So can a big motor boat enter and use trolley motor? Or is that outlawed?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose 518VX View Post
    So can a big motor boat enter and use trolley motor? Or is that outlawed?
    Yes you can enter and only use a trolling motor, as for loading your boat, I am not saying you can or can't use your big motor to load/unload your boat..... I have done it before and I have seen other guys do it.

7. Member
    One more question...is the pre meeting required? Or can we show up tournament day? Thanks!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose 518VX View Post
    One more question...is the pre meeting required? Or can we show up tournament day? Thanks!
    No, but boat take off position will done at meeting. You have to contact me if you can't make it.

9. Member
    Sounds like 8 hours of torture to me....frog only, on that 3 foot deep mud hole they call spring lakeSurprised you got any entries Brent lol

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscubs1 View Post
    SPRO FROG TOURNAMENT JULY 15, 2017 SPRING LAKE, MANITO, IL
    TEAM ENTRY $100 TEAM BIG BASS $10 100% CASH PAYBACK! 40 BOAT LIMIT
    EACH TEAM WILL RECEIVE A $50 SPRO GIFT PACK!
    PRE TOURNAMENT MEETING: FRIDAY, JULY 14, CHECK-IN 6PM-7PM, MEETING 7:15PM @ PEORIA SPORTSMAN’S CLUB, SPRING LAKE NORTH
    CALL 309-219-4019 or EMAIL bassnbud8@yahoo.com FOR MORE INFO!
    ENTRY DEADLINE JULY 10TH.
    THIS IS A 25HP LIMIT LAKE.
    anyone know the weights that won?

11. Member
    1st 16.11
    2nd 15.6
    3rd 14.2

i had 38 boats sign up.
    Last edited by basscubs1; 07-17-2017 at 02:13 PM.

12. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Nice Going Basscub1. We need more Guys to run a good fun tournaments.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Nice Going Basscub1. We need more Guys to run a good fun tournaments.
    Thank you! I had a couple of guys that were big help! SPRO was very generous in providing goody bags to all those that participated!! Falcon Rods also donated 3 rods and EGO nets donated a net for me to give away! I hope to do another Frog tourney again next year!

Chris (Kman) and I fished this one and we both agreed that it was very well run and a lot of fun. The format is a nice change of pace from the "usual" tournaments that we all chase around every weekend. Brent (basscubs1) and his crew did an outstanding job and he was not exaggerating at all about the goody bags...they were awesome! It is also important to note that this is a 100% cash payback tournament which is a huge incentive in itself. I will not pass up another opportunity to fish a SPRO event.

15. Member
    Thanks Philly! My crew, Sean Webb, Rusty Sweeney and Justin Westergreen were the reason the tournament was a success!! All great guys and without their help it would not have possible!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12