Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another rqmp issue at St. Clair

Got up early for nothing. Tried to put in at the ramp @ 9 mile @ 6:00 am this morning. CLOSED. Not open until 8:00. Went to several other ramps close by to only find either the same thing or member only or resident only ramp. What gives. Have I missed something? So your saying lake is is only open between 8 am until 7:30/8:00 or whenever ramp closes. I also saw Croker issue first hand. I would not put my boat in there either.

Metro park, St Jean, Salfridge, Algonac, are some others... You should have called me.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Same thing happened to me on Saturday. Me and a bunch of other people. Girls at St. Clair Shores parks and recreation told me and others I spoke with that 9 mile it was 8 AM weekdays and 6 AM weekends until Memorial weekend. So Monday I launched at Harley. It is a joke they can't give the correct info.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Sorry Mike. Sort of last minute. Hook up with some people we met here at the motel and pull out together early. Also did not want to have to run very far due to the wind forecast and have to fight the rough water. We had fished Anchor Bay yesterday & had to fight the wind a little. Also was dealing with weak battery issues due to a bad plug end on an extension cord on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Metro park, St Jean, Salfridge, Algonac, are some others... You should have called me.

5. dartag1829
    We launched at 9 mile Monday. They gate opened at 8. Harley is open 24hours. Looking at the wind forecast for the next few days I don't think there will be a lot of fishing going on for a while.

6. Member
    I planned my trip perfectly as usual
    Nitro z21

7. Member
    Me too, Jason. I put in for vacation days Wed-Fri this week. Came down with some flu bug on Sunday. Been coughing in bed all week. At least you should go hit some inland lakes in the area..

My buddy lives in St Clair Shores so we use the 11 mile launch ounce and a while and when I asked why 9 mile is the only one open to the public I was told it's due to the parking

9 mile can handle 100 boats

I know the 11 mile launch's parking lot only has 10+ spaces – they do have another lot that they can use but in the summer it's full of resident vehicles that have boats in the marina

All the city launch's open at 8AM until the holiday

The problem is that the Crocker launch is basically useless this year and from what I gather it's not going to get better any time soon

I talked to a DNR person yesterday

She said that they may shut down the Crocker launch because they don't want to dreg anymore till after the spawn

She also said that they will be making a big announcement sometime in June regarding the launch
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Mind sharing the better inland lakes in the area? We are staying in chesterfield fri-wed
    Nitro z21

10. dartag1829
    About the only way to save that place is bring in a sand dredge and pump the stuff out. Probably have to dredge the whole bay.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Mind sharing the better inland lakes in the area? We are staying in chesterfield fri-wed
    Of lakes I've previously fished, Cass, Orchard and Pontiac, which are further than going to LSC but all offer good bass fishing not far from M59. Others who live in that area can give more info. Kent Lake can be very good early too but it's much further of a drive and launch fees are higher (Metro Parks). The weather may settle down by the weekend so just wait and choose when you arrive.

12. Member
    Thanks I'm hope so got a guide trip on Sunday booked and last I checked that the worst day weather wise. Just my luck. I haven't checked weather in two days hoping it changes. Might try for a tigers game Saturday to see stadium.
    Nitro z21

you can launch in metro and fish the canals for LM regardless of wind.

14. Smallmouth Junkie!
    What is the cost to launch out of Metro? I do have a DNR sticker.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    What is the cost to launch out of Metro? I do have a DNR sticker.
    $20 daily. Ten for boat and ten for vehicle. Annual is $35 and $35.

16. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    $20 daily. Ten for boat and ten for vehicle. Annual is $35 and $35.
    Thanks

17. bullyfish
    The whole state and it ramps is a joke the state is run by a bunch of Dumbass Pure Michigan!!!!!! What a joke

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLYFISH View Post
    The whole state and it ramps is a joke the state is run by a bunch of Dumbass Pure Michigan!!!!!! What a joke
    Stay in Indiana and fish all of your world class smallie waters then, lol

19. Member
    Time and time again people come on here for advice about launches. It's really quite simple, launch at harley ensign, huge site with plenty of parking and cheap....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Stay in Indiana and fish all of your world class smallie waters then, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast