Thread: Used 496

Used 496

I've been looking at purchasing a used boat and came across this 2008 496. Does anyone know about this boat or tell me anything about it? Pros/cons? All composite? Speeds? Is the seller a member on BBC?

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4sale2.htm

2. Member
    I've seen the boat a couple times recently. It is clean.

3. Member
    You know, this boat was originally listed as a 396, if I am not mistaken. And I thought it was odd to have a 250 on a 396. But it is a 496. Nice! I am a past 496 owner, and I must say, it has a softer ride than any other boat I have ridden in. Period. I had a 2007 model. The first year of the all composite version. So this boat will have no wood! Four inch thick transom. So solid. That will be the least of your worries on this boat. I had a 225 Pro XS on mine, and if I remember correctly, it got up to about 68. NEVER chine walked. Maybe because I never really pushed the limits? Could be. The only slightly negative thing I remember about my 496 is that it was a bit bouncy in windy conditions, when you were staying on a spot fishing. Up and down. Trolling motor cavitating some. But only when very windy. Everyone I came into contact with loved the looks of the hull, with it's low slung deep VEE, and slightly sloping downward front deck. And just wide enough to not be "tippy" when fishing. Heavy boat. You'll love it!!

4. Member
    A couple more things: This boat DOES look exceptionally clean and well cared for. That Smartcraft Gauge in the dash will tell you exactly how many hours the engine has on it. If it has low hours, this is a gem of a boat. Charger's padded deck up front is wonderful. Mine even had a tackle system in one of the front compartments. This one probably does as well.

5. Member
    Thanks for the input guys

6. Member
    So far everything seems to be checking out with this boat. 224 hours on the engine. What are your thoughts on the price?

7. Member
    Wish it had 124 hours on it! But, 224 is not REAL bad. The price is high, in my opinion. But you will have to pay some kind of a premium for being garage kept, and in this good of shape. I'd find out how badly he wants to sell it...

8. Member
    PM sent

9. Member
    Replied