Lost fish with rod attached at st clair

Frat canal north of coast guard station by 9 mile. Past the first boat well on the right as you go in the canal. Set the hook and lost a yellow skeet Reese finesse worm casting rod with mocroguides and a johnny Morris baitcaster. Tried to fish it out for a half hour. Hope someone finds it and can put it to use. It was my favorite rod.

2. Member
    I've pulled out a couple rods fishing.....good luck.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

3. Member
    Message sent Jeff

Don't worry. I got a rod sitting in the bottom of St. Clair also. Set my rod down to go net a fish, thought I opened the bail up to let it free spool. Netted a 4 pound smallie and went back to start fishing and said to my partner where the F*&^ did my rod and reel go.

Maybe we should fish together.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler Bob View Post
    Don't worry. I got a rod sitting in the bottom of St. Clair also. Set my rod down to go net a fish, thought I opened the bail up to let it free spool. Netted a 4 pound smallie and went back to start fishing and said to my partner where the F*&^ did my rod and reel go.

Maybe we should fish together.
    That same thing happened to me back in Arizona, found my rod and reel a year later during a draw down period. Rod was still good, reel was toast.
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

6. Member
    I've lost one on Lake St. Clair as well, but I "cast" mine into the water. When I went to cast the rod I was using, I caught my lure on the eyelet of a rod laying on the casting deck. The momentum of the cast was enough to pick up the entire rod and fling it out with the lure. It went about 5 yards from the boat, unhooked from the lure and slowly sunk to the bottom. It was a very bizarre, funny, and frustrating moment all wrapped up into one.

Had one for less than 24 hours bounce of the deck today.. Lost my ball cap today too.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

8. Member
    I'm headed back up Sunday and Monday...main goal is to catch fish without sacrificing any more rods, but I will run a crankbait over the area where it went in.

Try using a metal stringer with all the clips open.... Or an A-rig with just trebles.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I found a fish, but there was no rod attached???