Jay Smith Racing Engines

Got my second tank of fuel run through my 2.5 280hp that Jay rebuilt for me. Still breaking it in slowly. The mid range punch is a kick in the azz from the stock motor. Definately got more power. Jay asked me what I wanted done to it when I brought it by. I told him everything and the best parts but keep it on pump gas. We left the heads stock. I'am glad we did. Got enough hp now. These 2.5 motors are getting hard to come by so I wanted one of the best working on mine. If anyone needs one rebuilt I definately reccomend Jay for the job. Jay put me up at his house when we put the motor back together. I watched it go back together and we cranked it for the first time that afternoon. I had Jay dry stack the exhaust that gave me two more water outlets out the back of the cowl and a different sound to. Gonna run one more tank of fuel through it and I will be able mash after that.

Jeff

2. Owner JSRE Racing
    Brookeland, Texas 75931 (15 miles N. Jasper )
    Enjoyed your visit Jeff , and the boudan .......

Jay

3. Owner JSRE Racing
    Brookeland, Texas 75931 (15 miles N. Jasper )
    How about some pictures of that motor Jeff.....:)

JAY

Jay is the man on 2.5s, always a great guy to deal with.

5. Banned
    Keep up the good work Jay!

6. Banned
    Jay rebuilt a 200xri w/ mods last August for me. Made a good motor "Great"! He runs a first class operation and is a honest and stand up guy to work with. He definitely knows what has to be done to a 2.5 liter Mercury to satisfy his customers!