one power pole
    set jackplate
    double consoles
    ss prop
    swim ladder
    ratchet tiedowns
    spare tire
    3 bank charger

It's at a boat dealer, but they aren't a Ranger Dealer. They took the boat in on trade and they've pulled the hours and it has 11 1/2 hours total on it. I've got them talked down to $25,000 out the door (includes 6% sales tax) plus $265 to transfer the Merc. warranty to me. Anything else I should be cautious of? I know I'll have to license it in KY when I get it back home. It's 600 miles from me, but I'm willing to drive it because I feel like this is a good deal. I was pricing new and wanted hydraulic steering, but I'm thinking I can add it later on this boat if I want to later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I've looked at that boat a couple times online as its only three hours from me. Just was trying to wait until next year to get my boat and sticking closer to a 20k budget if possible. I haven't priced all the options out but always thought it wasn't a bad deal for what your getting.

3. Member
    That is a very good deal.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    Call Merc to see how much it is to transfer that warranty. I think I just called them and they transferred at no cost? Ranger warranty was a different story.

5. Member
    $25,000.00 for a 19ft boat?????? Incredible.

i bought slightly used as well. $0 to transfer YES Yamaha warranty and $100 to transfer the 5 year hull warranty with Ranger so check with Merc on the warranty transfer. Looks like a good deal to me. This boat is probably 30K new.....
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    Of course that is a super, super deal!!!!!!

8. Member
    Surprised it doesn't already have baystar steering. You'll want that and the digital trolling motor. I have that boat in white minus the power pole and indeed paid more than 25K. They pull EXCELLENT on the open road, don't worry about 600 miles. I drug mine 2000 miles in one week earlier this year.

9. Banned
    I really didn't think they cost about that same price new. Guess I'm wrong

10. Member
    That's a heck of a deal, you won't be disappointed

11. Member
    I will add this...if you have any intention of trading it or selling it in the next 3-4 years remember that when you sell the hull warranty will not transfer so you are going to take a big hit. Also ask about getting the extended Merc warranty too. I think it is only like $295 more.

Good price imo since it includes taxes....I am a pessimist but who buys a boat then trades it in within 6 months

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It's a deal.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
    I will add this...if you have any intention of trading it or selling it in the next 3-4 years remember that when you sell the hull warranty will not transfer so you are going to take a big hit. Also ask about getting the extended Merc warranty too. I think it is only like $295 more.

Good price imo since it includes taxes....I am a pessimist but who buys a boat then trades it in within 6 months
    A good friend of mine bought a Nitro Z7 back in 2015 and had a lot of extras added to it. 4 months later he sold the boat and bought a new truck. He had only been out in the boat 3 times....he lost his butt when he sold it. Sometimes people just buy something and have a change of heart later. I should have bought that boat myself. OH well.

14. Member
    Thats a really good price. I personally dont get why everyone is so concerned with a hull warranty on an aluminum boat, but thats just me

15. Member
    Broken welds come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Thats a really good price. I personally dont get why everyone is so concerned with a hull warranty on an aluminum boat, but thats just me
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

16. Member
    Sounds like a great deal to me.
    Ranger RT 188 (2016)
    Mercury 4 stroke 115
    HumminBird 899
    console
    Garmin 93SV bow
    Lazer II 20"prop
    3 bank charger
    Terrova 80# Minn Kota

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    Broken welds come to mind.
    Have you had any? My buddies and I have had dozens and dozens of aluminum boats over the years and never had a cracked weld, never. Easily fixed and a rare problem. Always nice to have a warranty but in no way, shape or form a deal breaker for me. Like I said, thats just me

18. Member
    Doesnt mean it wont happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Have you had any? My buddies and I have had dozens and dozens of aluminum boats over the years and never had a cracked weld, never. Easily fixed and a rare problem. Always nice to have a warranty but in no way, shape or form a deal breaker for me. Like I said, thats just me
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    That's a heck of a deal, you won't be disappointed
    I plan on keeping this boat for a while, so not worried about taking a hit. I figured saving $5k - $7k off a new boat, I can live with the 5 year warranty vs. the lifetime if I bought new. The dealership I'm buying from said it was an older guy that bought this boat, then decided he wanted something bigger and more stable. I know that's just their story, but who knows. The boat, from the pictures at least, looks like it belongs on the showroom floor. They have a print out of the motor hours and they are pretty even throughout all the ranges.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smokingstang68 View Post
    I plan on keeping this boat for a while, so not worried about taking a hit. I figured saving $5k - $7k off a new boat, I can live with the 5 year warranty vs. the lifetime if I bought new. The dealership I'm buying from said it was an older guy that bought this boat, then decided he wanted something bigger and more stable. I know that's just their story, but who knows. The boat, from the pictures at least, looks like it belongs on the showroom floor. They have a print out of the motor hours and they are pretty even throughout all the ranges.
    I would think if the hull is going to give you any problems it would happen in the first 5 years and I agree the warranty would not be a deal breaker for me. Sounds like a good deal and that is a great boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast