Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There is a big difference in what the dealers are willing to knock off of the Tundras and what they are willing to knock off of the Pro's so even though some of you got 4 or 5,000 off their Tundras that is not the case with the Pros. The Pros are going like the Raptors, most dealers are not going below MSRP and many are even going for over MSRP.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    There is a big difference in what the dealers are willing to knock off of the Tundras and what they are willing to knock off of the Pro's so even though some of you got 4 or 5,000 off their Tundras that is not the case with the Pros. The Pros are going like the Raptors, most dealers are not going below MSRP and many are even going for over MSRP.
    You have an Inferno Pro correct, or am I thinking of another member?

3. Member
    I had the inferno Pro, paid MSRP for it. Some of those are selling for more than that USED these days on the CPO program. Now paying MORE than new MSRP for one is insanity IMO but that inferno Pro is a rare truck. Any Pro is more than a set of shocks! The factory Borla exhaust system adds yet another 2K. Adding the suspension system yourself, or even with the dealer you get next to no warranty on it. Then you have the seats. They are different. Go drive one. If you can get anything off MSRP you did good. I traded mine with 52,000 miles and got 38,000. Not bad considering I'd had to sell it for 40K looking at tax implications. The dealer shipped it to the west coast the day I traded it. The inferno Pro likely brought more than I paid for it new out there.

If you want the Chevy go buy the Chevy. My last two were POS. My last two Toyotas were damn near flawless. I'm not knocking Chevy, just reporting my experience. Our 7.5 year old 4-Runner with 82,000 on it and a inop GPS touch screen brought 22,000 on trade. There is a reason GM has to offer 10,000 off MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    You have an Inferno Pro correct, or am I thinking of another member?
    I have a magnetic gray Pro.
    I agree with n2. I don't understand the whole paying more than MSRP. On the west coast, they are going for 60+ in some areas. It's a nice truck, but it's not 60+. But there are people that are willing to pay it so that's what they are selling them for.

5. Banned
    The last week of the month is the best time in general as the salesmen try to make their numbers for that month.

6. Member
    My understanding is they produce about 3,000 Pro's a year. Toyota picks three colors each year. Inferno was only available for the Pro in 2015. I think black was a one year run as well. White has been almost every year. Cement is the current hot color. Doing the math there may only be 1000 of each color available each year, then you have two cab styles. Some dealers don't even get one. If they do they may jack the price? Look at what Ford dealers do with Raptor MSRP prices. Is it any different?

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    My understanding is they produce about 3,000 Pro's a year. Toyota picks three colors each year. Inferno was only available for the Pro in 2015. I think black was a one year run as well. White has been almost every year. Cement is the current hot color. Doing the math there may only be 1000 of each color available each year, then you have two cab styles. Some dealers don't even get one. If they do they may jack the price? Look at what Ford dealers do with Raptor MSRP prices. Is it any different?
    Yeah 2015 they had white, black, and inferno
    2016 was white, quicksand, and magnetic gray metallic
    2017 is white, barcelona red, and cement.

8. Member
    Rumor has it 2017 is the last of em, 2018 will be replaced with the Tundra Sport.

9. Derek McCullough
    TRD offroad or TRD Pro?
    Regular TRD, some of the posts were referring to any Tundra being hard to negotiate a deal on, not at my dealer. They were stiff with the only PRO they had on the lot though, it was that weird tan color, if it had been white I would have probably drove home in it.

Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    Regular TRD, some of the posts were referring to any Tundra being hard to negotiate a deal on, not at my dealer. They were stiff with the only PRO they had on the lot though, it was that weird tan color, if it had been white I would have probably drove home in it.
    I can't decide if I like the quicksand or not.
    Toyota is notorious for not negotiating or having rebates like the big 3, but they will move a little and in the end, comparable vehicles end up being about the same price.

11. Banned
    Man I will never own one. I paid 40k for my new ram 2500 Diesel quad cab 100k warranty. I have maybe 43 into it with lift and 37s. Hard to imagine I'll lose that much cash on resale.

12. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've looked at Tundras both here and in Alabama, neither dealer was willing to deal at all. I'll just keep buying my GM trucks. I've been very happy with all of them.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

13. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Man I will never own one. I paid 40k for my new ram 2500 Diesel quad cab 100k warranty. I have maybe 43 into it with lift and 37s. Hard to imagine I'll lose that much cash on resale.
    How did you pull that off? I couldn't buy a 1500 Hemi with what I wanted for that

14. Member
    I can't decide if I like the quicksand or not.
    Toyota is notorious for not negotiating or having rebates like the big 3, but they will move a little and in the end, comparable vehicles end up being about the same price.
    It looks really good on a Tacoma TRD Off-Road I think because of the black fender flares that come on the Off-Road but I don't care for it personally on a Tundra Pro. There is a Quicksand Pro in my neighborhood and there needs to be something to offset that color on that big of a truck, it's just too much brown and nothing else to me.

15. Member
    none

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    How did you pull that off? I couldn't buy a 1500 Hemi with what I wanted for that
    I was going to fly out to idaho and buy it from Dave smith. Then I went to the local dealer and they told me no way so I went home. Week later they called and said come on down. Tried to pay cash and they said they had to do a loan for that price. So I did then paid it off the first month.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I've looked at Tundras both here and in Alabama, neither dealer was willing to deal at all. I'll just keep buying my GM trucks. I've been very happy with all of them.
    that makes complete sense. That is like saying they wouldn't play ball with me so I am going home. Maybe a Tundra just isn't for you, AND I am a GM guy!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Toyota of NWA is where I had the experience. I ended up buying mine from J Pauley in fort smith and they were only slightly better. The guy at Toyota of NWA had the keys to my truck because they were test driving it and I had to get loud to get him to give my keys back.
    They haven't changed tactics in 20+ years. I had to do the same thing there in 1995 (I think) when looking at a truck. After having to threaten them to get my keys back, went down the road to the Nissan dealer and bought a truck.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

From what I researched when I bought my RAM....Dodge and Ford trucks usually have the best deals off of MSRP...10-15%. Toyota your lucky if you get 5%.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    They haven't changed tactics in 20+ years. I had to do the same thing there in 1995 (I think) when looking at a truck. After having to threaten them to get my keys back, went down the road to the Nissan dealer and bought a truck.
    I bought my wife's Sequoia there. I was looking at one and they asked if I was interested, I said if you'll knock $10,000 off the price, they did and I bought it. It is now Steve Landers Toyota, I haven't bought from them but still do maintenance there for warranty (I got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I do maintenance there). If I had a powertrain issue then I probably could've paid for it with the money that I would've saved by going somewhere else cheaper. Since Landers bought it, the service prices have been jacked up, not sure on vehicle prices.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast